How aero can you go!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Well, got new wheels through today so swapped the tyres and tubes over and I think they may be slightly too small on the stem
uploadfromtaptalk1346271000942.jpg

Just managed to get them up to pressure but I'll be royally screwed if I get a puncture hence the gators!!! So how aero have you gonna unintentionally! Lol.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've had tubes that don't even poke out of the hole in the rim.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You may have more luck if you remove the screw on the valve stem. I have a 42mm valve in my front wheel, on one of my bikes - that has 30mm rims. Can just about get a track pump to stay on and inflate to around 110 psi, with a bit of jiggy jiggy. Will be switching out for a long valve style tube as soon as I get around to it!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Buy a valve extender, Mavic do one for less than a fiver and keep that with you in your puncture repair kit. Or buy some new tubes with longer valve stems. I would still buy a valve extender incase you have a terrible day and puncture more times than you are carrying spare tubes and someone sub's you a tube with a short valve.

Reactions: gaz

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Also loose the little nut, those things are a waste of time. They just work loose and make a noise which will leave you temporarily thinking something is wrong.

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
lol. just bought some longer 42m stemed valves! i think i got 30's before! lol. 2 knackered tubes last night so running with no spare this morning was interesting, had to cut out my intended 12 miler down to a direct 5 miler with lots of time to spare! lol.

rides like a dream now though, even hit 40mph through a 30 zone without realising (cycle comp was a bit iffy)

jayonabike