How can I make my overshoes stronger & walkable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have a pair of nike neoprene overshoes. The ad said that they dont tear or fray...erm...but they do if you walk even a few metres in them...so I was wondering if there is a cheap and effective way to add a sole to them.... I was thinking of 'dipping' them in some kind of durable rubber or something just on the underside...but i have no molten durable rubber to hand believe it or not.....xx(

domtyler

Über Member
Have you tried dipping them in a durable rubber solution?

slow down

Not a lot you can do to stop them tearing. I got sick of it myself (and the extra bulk rubbing the chainset) and bought some Northwave Farenheit's couple of years ago. They are more expensive, but they're warmer, keep your feet dryer, and last longer so are a better long term buy IMHO.

yenrod

I've thought of doing this with my best shoes at the back of the sole.

On the overshoe story though...I've some alexas (remember them) - well I've got some in flouro yellow; ok a bit over-the-top but beleive me they really get you seen ! ! ! :biggrin:

Couple of years old now and they are hammered...but still going ~ i;ve even sewed them and I feel its worth it...esp. as they aint made now I think !!! :biggrin:

Just go for it Big.

Look at the bloke who designed CB's 1992 olympic bike he just did it....

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I have a pair of nike neoprene overshoes. The ad said that they dont tear or fray...erm...but they do if you walk even a few metres in them...so I was wondering if there is a cheap and effective way to add a sole to them.... I was thinking of 'dipping' them in some kind of durable rubber or something just on the underside...but i have no molten durable rubber to hand believe it or not.....:biggrin:

frog

Go to a running shoe shop, or on line, and get some 'shoe goo'. I put some of the toe area of my overshoes a year or so ago because that was the area which actually contacts the ground when I walk in them. Worked a treat :biggrin:.

Down side is it takes all night to dry and most of the stuff you put on evaporates away. Best to do it in two or three layers over a few days.

rob_mcp

My Planet x overshoes have pieces of nylon webbing sewn round the under-toe area where the original edging quickly wore away - been like that for about 4 years now. All you need is a) webbing :biggrin: helpful wife with c) quality sewing machine

Top Bottom