How can workplaces help cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alexhall23

My name is Alex and I'm a student at Northumbria University. Im pitching to an International Customer Experience company about new workplace facilities for commuters who cycle to work.
If you could spare 5 minutes to complete my survey, your information would be much appreciated.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y5GD5B9
If you have any insights you want to share, please comment!

Alex Hall

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Done

fimm

Veteran
Done. Simple survey, won't take long.
Alex, my one comment is that you don't ask about cycle storage facilities (shed, stands) - if there's nowhere secure to leave a bike during the day, that's a problem, I think.

OP
OP
A

Alexhall23

Done. Simple survey, won't take long.
Alex, my one comment is that you don't ask about cycle storage facilities (shed, stands) - if there's nowhere secure to leave a bike during the day, that's a problem, I think.

Thanks alot! Also, from research, the majority of places offer cycle stands and shelters already (just not enough), and changing and shower facilities seem to be higher on the demand list. However, I have actually designed an economical shelter for leading UK company, so, I have tried to help! But thanks for you input, its much appreciated :smile:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
im pretty lucky, we have secure indoor well lit bike storage, with CCTV at work, dry room, lockers, sinks, showers, gym, sports massage. I also have access to bike tools and equipment. My cycling is also supported financially as the company I work for believe having fit and healthy workers is desirable. I also get free fruit and breakfast each day... Here are some pics of what I put up with, sorry for the quality really rubbish phone

Attachments

• lockers.jpg
    lockers.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 66
  • sinks.jpg
    sinks.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 67
  • showers.jpg
    showers.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 61
  • bikerack.jpg
    bikerack.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 56

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Jesus Paul you have the cheek to call that work !!! lol we r lucky if we get fresh milk for our tea and coffee have you got any jobs going :laugh:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
lol Mark.. yea they treat us pretty reasonably. They also pay for trainers to come into the gym and run classes such as spinning and yoga, pilates and things like that. In the office we have pool tables, table tennis tables, PS3's, XBox's, Wii's and various other full arcade machines.... We work hard and play harder. The company wants you to enjoy your work and believe you should leave if you think its a job.
That's only half of it.... I take for granted things people would go mad for, for example our coffee machines do latte, cappuccino, chocachino, expresso and loads of other things, we also get to choose the beans and the milk, such as full fat cream, semi skimmed, skimmed, soya etc...... its a pretty cool place.

AndyPeace

Started to do your survey, but I don't think I'll really add to the input here. I work for a community center with a very limited budget, so facilities are pretty bear. We can use a brick shed lock up to protect our bikes and there are also bike stands (uncovered) which are guarded by CCTV. We have little box lockers for valubles, which appear to have been made for designer handbags- which I do not regularly carry to work. No showers , hairdryers or choclates. If I didn't love my work so much I'd be jealous of the lavish facilities some seem to have.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
...we have secure indoor well lit bike storage, with CCTV at work, dry room, lockers, sinks, showers, gym, sports massage. I also have access to bike tools and equipment. My cycling is also supported financially as the company I work for believe having fit and healthy workers is desirable. I also get free fruit and breakfast each day...

Do you have a phone number for your personel dept please?

Top Bottom