How close is too close!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
GAAAHHH,

Excuse the rant / vent, some drivers need to be put on a bike then someone try and kill them.

Sitting at some lights, 2 lanes, im in the right hand lane, waiting to turn right. Im about 1m from the right hand side of the lane (As you can go strait on as well)

Silver BMW decides to squeze between me and the car in the left lane, which is fine (Although more room would of been nice) We pull off, withough indicating he turns right into my path, virtually pushing me over onto some railing, as we are going slowly, and its a choice between going over teh railings or leaning on his car, i chose the car (It had stopped by now, no doubt hearing he paintwork being removed by my pedals) He winds down his window, says "look next time" and proceeds to drive off. Luckily no damage to me (Some shaken nerves) and a nice scratch on his door.

He cant say he didnt see me, i was 3ft from his window in high vis.

Plonker.

Silver BMW -'nuff said.

NigC

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: My poor silver BM is under fire again :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

It's true, I admit it, I own a silver BMW 3-series :rofl:

But as to the advice to keep away from silver BMWs? DO IT! My wife usually drives and she really isn't much of a driver :sad::smile: (this is 100% true)

I only hope she doesn't decide to check out any cycling forums :smile::biggrin:

NigC

RyanW said:
You dont happen to live in surbiton do you?

Close (Walton), but no. Anyway, I walked today :bravo:

NigC

RyanW said:
Haha ok, i got all exited then.....:bravo:

Perhaps I should PM you the next time we plan a trip to Kingston - definitely good advice to stay off the Portsmouth Road for a day :wacko:

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
NigC said:
Perhaps I should PM you the next time we plan a trip to Kingston - definitely good advice to stay off the Portsmouth Road for a day :bravo:

I will never cycle on that death trap, no matter what time if day, i cycle into surbiton along the railway line if i ever need to get to new malden - Further. I have problems enough on Single roads let alone a 70mph race track.

NigC

RyanW said:
I will never cycle on that death trap, no matter what time if day, i cycle into surbiton along the railway line if i ever need to get to new malden - Further. I have problems enough on Single roads let alone a 70mph race track.

I'm just talking about the old Portsmouth Road, not the A3 - from Esher to Kingston. Although the way some people take it, 70mph race track is pretty close to the mark!

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
NigC said:
I'm just talking about the old Portsmouth Road, not the A3 - from Esher to Kingston. Although the way some people take it, 70mph race track is pretty close to the mark!
ah i see,

i never go that way, i always head noth to richmond park,

Top Bottom