How close to Terminator will we get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I agree wholeheartedly, however the genie is out of the bottle now, an employer would think why would they want to pay for damage to the equipment/racking along with a salary, when a handful of staff can run a warehouse without smashing stuff up, sadly these things are becoming more common.

The trouble is it also puts people out of jobs, which isn’t great if the trend continues.

Time for me to reread The Piano Player again. Kurt Vonnegut wrote about the dangers of automation and jobs back in the 50s.

As to when we'll have a Terminator problem, we can already program drones to find and take out a person based on facial recognition. I give another 30 years for when the drone will be deciding who to take out without a human providing instruction.

classic33

Leg End Member
Time for me to reread The Piano Player again. Kurt Vonnegut wrote about the dangers of automation and jobs back in the 50s.

As to when we'll have a Terminator problem, we can already program drones to find and take out a person based on facial recognition. I give another 30 years for when the drone will be deciding who to take out without a human providing instruction.
Why thirty, they appear to have a system already.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/26/us/pentagon-artificial-intelligence-terminator.html

DRM

Guru
the flexibility of a good human time served fork driver in your warehouse will take a LONG time to replicate
Unfortunately they are few and far between, too many places just get an agency worker in, the majority will just smash stuff up & ask to be put elsewhere to be inflicted on someone else, as there is no comeback & they don’t care

Top Bottom