How come...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cab

Cab

John Ponting said:
Because you live and ride in the wrong places.

Theres a place where if you're clearly able to go faster than a car on a bicycle, they pull over in an appropriate spot to allow you to overtake safely? Where?

Welwyn Garden City, any day of the week, even during rush hour. Actually, "rush hour" is the only time when bikes ever go fast enough to overtake mechanicals in WGC. We are a lucky town with just a single set of proper traffic lights and (I think) 3 sets of ped controlled crossing lights.

biking_fox

Guru
Oh I hate being held up by cars. I know I shouldn't, but they are costing me momemtum and energy. It's not the time. It's the effort. Particularly when there is a cycle lane that they are obstructing. You wanted us off your road and onto marked lanes. Now that I'm trying to cycle in one, please get your car out of it!

Pet gripe 2. Bus drivers. If a car slows to allow them to pull out in front the car driver gets and acknowledgement - normally a quick indicator flash. If I do, losing speed, momentum and energy, do I get a thanks? Do I :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh I often get thanks from bus drivers for letting them out. It is annoying when you do something nice for another road user and they don't offer thanks, but thankfully most people are more polite than that!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
biking_fox said:
Pet gripe 2. Bus drivers. If a car slows to allow them to pull out in front the car driver gets and acknowledgement - normally a quick indicator flash. If I do, losing speed, momentum and energy, do I get a thanks? Do I :biggrin:

That's not been my experience - got an indicator flash this morning, and frequently get waved through by way of reciprocation when the buses can't move and I can. Tends to happen more on Oxford/Wilmslow Rd, I find.

BentMikey said:
Have you noticed how pointing a video camera at them and at their number plates tends to make them settle down very quickly? I love that effect!!!

:biggrin: It has diffused many a situation. We should all have cameras!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom