How do, From Manchester.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwards80

Über Member
Hello!

I'm a 27 year old chap from Stockport. I started doing my 20mile round trip commute using my slick tyred XC bike in October. My Mrs bought me a road bike for Christmas and I've now realised that road bikes a bloomin great fun . . even if I did end up on my buttocks on the ice over Christmas. Still, saving lots of money vs the train/car and enjoying the commute.

Have the bug now I think! Hoping to do an intro club ride next month and I'm eyeing up the peak100 (http://www.peak100.co.uk/) now as something to aim at.

Ta!

400bhp

Guru
:hello:

Welcome from a fellow Manc (Timperley). There's a few of us on here.

Where are you commuting to?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hello :welcome:

I did the Macc Monster in the autumn and will be doing the Peak 100 this spring. You will need to practice riding up big hills. ^_^

OP
OP
Edwards80

Edwards80

Über Member
Cheers folks!

I commute from Stockport to Altrincham and back each day. Takes about the same amount of time as the train despite me only having a short walk from each station.

I haven't joined a club yet. Manchester Wheelers do an intro ride each month so I'm planning on popping along to that to see if I cough up a lung or not ;)

potsy

Rambler
We might have passed at some point Edward80, I work in Stockport and live just short of Alty.
Do you come thru Gatley/Cheadle?
Welcome :hello:

potsy

Rambler
Aye - I just follow the A560 all the way (route here). When you say "We may have passed" It's more likely that you have passed me ;)

Please ignore the broken logic there!
Yeah same route though I go on to Bredbury.
Due to the daft times I'm out though we may not have crossed paths, ie- 4.45am, 12.30pm, 8.45pm to work.
6am, 2pm or 10pm coming home :wacko:

Top Bottom