How do I freeze my spuds ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just tucking into some jacket potato, frozen and microwaved in 5 mins . Expensive way to buy spuds so I’m wondering how I can do my own ?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Bake them and freeze them. This is all i do. Heat them up how you want, but i put in the microwave then finish in the oven for that crispy skin.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I'm planning to do some of mine too. It makes more sense to bake a few all at the same time.

So far the extras I've baked have been eaten before they made it to the freezer.
Sometimes my local Morrisons will sell them off in bags of 4. Normally, i wouldn't touch pre-packed potatoes in plastic bags but when they sell 4 off for 15p i'll get a few bags and bake then freeze them.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Sometimes my local Morrisons will sell them off in bags of 4. Normally, i wouldn't touch pre-packed potatoes in plastic bags but when they sell 4 off for 15p i'll get a few bags and bake then freeze them.
I seem to have been a bit too enthusiastic with my potato planting. I don't think I'm going to be buying any for a while. I'm just hoping that I can keep them ok - hence the freezing plans.

I'm with you on the not buying in plastic bags! Thank heavens for my local fruit shops :-)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
MIL used to buy them frozen spuds. I was like why, you can microwave a fresh spud as quickly. Won't be crispy, but I doubt a frozen one will be either/

keithmac

Guru
We buy a massive bag of potatoes off the farmer, I'm sure it's something daft like £4 a sack?.

They keep for a couple of months cold and dry stored.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks for the replies . I do like mcains spuds but think i need to play with my own a little more . I'll post the results and may add pictures ^_^

Top Bottom