How do I schedule the Bkool ftp test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got my hands on my Bkool Pro and have now signed up for the freebie month Premium subscription. I want to do the "official" Bkool ftp test and went to the "My Profile" >> Fitness Level where it talks about taking the ftp test. I clicked on the hyperlink to ftp test but it just stays on the same page. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong please....

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Just got my hands on my Bkool Pro and have now signed up for the freebie month Premium subscription. I want to do the "official" Bkool ftp test and went to the "My Profile" >> Fitness Level where it talks about taking the ftp test. I clicked on the hyperlink to ftp test but it just stays on the same page. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong please....
Yes. You haven't yet developed the mind-reading skills necessary to understand the Bkool website ^_^

In the black bar across the top of the page, click on SESSIONS.
On the left side of the sessions page are four tabs - GPS, WORKOUTS, NO GPS and VELODROME. Click on WORKOUTS.
Scroll down to the bottom, still on the left side of the page, and click on the GENERATE FTP TEST link.

There is no scheduled warm-up time for the test. As soon as you press the start button, the test begins. If you want to warm up, you have to do it as a separate ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Thanks but... I've tried that and I'm still not seeing anything.
I went to Sessions >> Workouts and scrolling down on the LH side I see things like "Objective Zone" and "Keywords" and "Clear Filters" but nothing saying ftp.... help... this website is going to the death of me :smile:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Thanks but... I've tried that and I'm still not seeing anything.
I went to Sessions >> Workouts and scrolling down on the LH side I see things like "Objective Zone" and "Keywords" and "Clear Filters" but nothing saying ftp.... help... this website is going to the death of me :smile:
Go further down.
Bkool FTP test.jpg

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool

That is the way it works, so no idea why it's not working for you!

I just tried it and it worked fine for me. When you hover over the link it should show the URL down in the bottom left of the browser:
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSession/doUPF

Try entering this URL in your browser address bar. If it still doesn't work, then there is something wrong with your account, such as your premium subscription is not properly activated!

Geoff

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Clicking on your link Geoff seems to get it into my sessions but when I click on it I get a message that I need Premium. I thought I'd activated my 30 day trial this morning but perhaps it needs time to properly activate. Thanks for you help anyway.

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Update... the link in the Workouts section has just appeared after I closed down the browser and reconnected to the Bkool website. It looks like there may have been a timelag before my membership status updated. Firmware still not updating though.

CXRAndy

Guru
Update... the link in the Workouts section has just appeared after I closed down the browser and reconnected to the Bkool website. It looks like there may have been a timelag before my membership status updated. Firmware still not updating though.

You need to get ant+ dongle quite close to the trainer. Then start up Bsim and it should update

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Just managed the firmware update. I tried a different (shielded) extension cable and all went well. Now I just have to workout how I actually ride the dreaded ftp test.
Sorry to be a pain with this... just not finding Bkool at all intuitive.

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Just a thank you to for your help with this dumbo... got there in the end and complete the ftp test. Thought it was quite good actually but it killed me and my pacing was a bit off ( I won't tell you my pathetic result) but I'm pretty sure I can improve....
having read your mountain goats, chaingang posts I'm ready with my excuses... a couple of weeks off the bike with a bad chest..... honest:rolleyes:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just a thank you to for your help with this dumbo... got there in the end and complete the ftp test. Thought it was quite good actually but it killed me and my pacing was a bit off ( I won't tell you my pathetic result) but I'm pretty sure I can improve....
having read your mountain goats, chaingang posts I'm ready with my excuses... a couple of weeks off the bike with a bad chest..... honest:rolleyes:

Yeah, they are a helpful lot here.
Look forward to seeing you in the leagues.

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Very helpful and it's much appreciated. As someone said earlier, you have to get into a certain mindset to understand the Bkool logic and thinking (I presume there is a logic???). :laugh:

Joining in the leagues, well, we'll see.

Top Bottom