How do yo become pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Losidan

it is amazing just how fast and strong they are...so to be one who is good enough to be a grand tour winner...christ they must be something else.

I remember turning up once or twice to the thursday night chain gang and being blown away in no time....downhill, in a straight like...let alone up hill...then to find out that one friend of a friend who was elite could blow off the chain gang on his mountain bike.....

I knew my place after that.

Noodley

Losidan said:
it is amazing just how fast and strong they are...

Seeing a pro peleton at full pace is probably one of the most stunning sights and sounds in any sport. Whether it be on the flat or going up mountains they are stunning. Truly amazing.

It's difficult to convince someone who has not seen it just how awesome it is. No matter how fluent the description and the emotion attached to this description it has to be seen...

I was at a wedding in Belgium 6-7 years ago, and on the Sunday, in a out-of-body condition, and before my interest in cycling had re-awoken, whilst out walking right by the French-Belgian border, I saw, from about 100 yards, a pelaton of about 80 riders just cream it up a hill which I would guess to be about 10%.
I didn't/couldn't say anything (numb brain) but it made a hell of an impression on me! They bloody flew up that hill!

Losidan

Noodley said:
Seeing a pro peleton at full pace is probably one of the most stunning sights and sounds in any sport. Whether it be on the flat or going up mountains they are stunning. Truly amazing.

It's difficult to convince someone who has not seen it just how awesome it is. No matter how fluent the description and the emotion attached to this description it has to be seen...

One lasting memory I have was watching the tour of britain years ago when it passed near me...they were going up one of my fav training hills so parked me and my bike right on the steepest part.....and picked my jaw off the floor as the break and the peloton blasted through on the big chain ring, in the saddle like this 2 mile hill wasnt even there!!!

Top Bottom