How do you carry your suit to work?

How do you get your suit to work?

• Take it to work at the beginning of the week by car (or other)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Wear it

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Put it in a suit bag in a pannier

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Put it in a suit bag in a rucksack

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Are you satisfied with this solution? Yes

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Are you satisfied with this solution? No

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Would you buy a bag which was effective assuming it was in your price range? Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Would you buy a bag which was effective assuming it was in your price range? No

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

soaks

Hi guys
I'm a sixth-form student (17) doing a Design and Technology major project focusing on the impracticalities of taking a suit to work while biking. Please could you take a few seconds to answer my poll - it would be greatly appreciated and feel free to leave any other comments below.
Thanks a lot
:biggrin: Nick
---
Poll now up! sorry

gavintc

Guru
soaks said:
Hi guys
I'm a sixth-form student (17) doing a Design and Technology major project focusing on the impracticalities of taking a suit to work while biking. Please could you take a few seconds to answer my poll - it would be greatly appreciated and feel free to leave any other comments below.
Thanks a lot
:biggrin: Nick

No poll, but suits and shoes stay at work and undies, shirt, socks go in a day sack.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Proberly no help to you but Mrs Skud takes a load of work clothes in the car when she passes my place on the food run or when it's my Saturday in i take them in.I have smellies and a towel for buffing before work !

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I keep a suit and shoes at work and take a couple of shirts in when I drive. Take socks and undies in my cycling top rear pocket. used to take things in a rucksack but creasing was an issue and found planning ahead was the answer for me. I don't cycle every day though so I can get away with it.

mark barker

soaks said:
Hi guys
Thanks a lot
:laugh: Nick
---
Poll now up! sorry
Hi Nick, sounds like a great project to be working on. My old office was very close to a dry cleaners so I used to drop it off on a friday afternoon and collect it on a monday morning. Worked well for me!

It'd be great if you could keep us updated on your progress.

GFamily

Über Member
soaks said:
Hi guys
Thanks a lot
:laugh: Nick
---
Poll now up! sorry

I've got a bike-train-bike commute, cycling only about 3 1/2 miles a day, so the suit's OK to wear.

I'm saving a fortune on shoe soles too.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't wear a suit usually, just shirt, tie and trousers which I carry in a rucksack with underwear each day. Towel, toiletries and shoes stay at work.

peteoc

I just stick it in my bag...........suit being trousers and shirt. I've got a spare pair of shoes at work for this very occasion. In the event that I drive to work I try plan how much riding im doing before I drive again and take in that many shirts.

Brains

Legendary Member
I have a small locker at work
The locker contains at any given moment:

2 suit tousers (maybe one at dry cleaners)
5 shirts (5 shirts at dry cleaners, 5 shirts in office coat cupboard, 15 in total)
1 pair of pants, socks, emergency towel, shaving kit, toothbrush etc
1 shower soap
About 15 ties on a rack including bow tie
Cuffkinks etc
1 pair of shoes

Office coat cupboard contains
5 shirts back from dry cleaners
2 suit jackets in suit bag
1 coat

Basically my rule is I could turn up in the office (a City based PLC) after a month of sleeping in the hedges and be ready for a meeting with the CEO in 15 mins. Fully shaved, washed, booted and suited

Nothing goes home, so nothing can be forgotten to bring in.

I'd suggest asking this guy

4714862841_ddba4b1ab8_b.jpg
l

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I now work from home, but when I commuted by train and Brompton, the jacket stayed at work (dry-cleaned on a Friday eve, collected on a Monday morning), trousers were worn for the ride and dry-cleaned locally.

3tyretrackterry

i wear a uniform at work and i carry boots trousers and shirt in a large rucksac along with towel and sundries for showering. the rucsac is far bigger than i need which allows me to loosely roll shirt and trousers up and place inside. nothing is put on top of clothes. this i have done for over 2 years and i have never been criticised for my appearance. i would be very interested in any solution you come up with because although i am fairly happy with my own solution i know there is a better one

Top Bottom