How do you use gas canisters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KitsuneAndy

spire said:
When I bought the canister the LBS said it should only be used for emergencies and you should let the gas out when you got home - apparently CO2 rots the tubes - have you heard this?

Well, it would make sense, it also damages the seals inside paintball guns (hence the move to compressed air). It may be the temperature that causes the damage as Co2 is extremely cold when being rapidly decompressed.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
spire said:
When I bought the canister the LBS said it should only be used for emergencies and you should let the gas out when you got home - apparently CO2 rots the tubes - have you heard this?
Tubes are more porous to CO2 than to air, so if you've filled your tube with CO2 it will need pumping again in a day or two. Air will last at least a week and likely two before the tyre is too soft.

buggi

Bird Saviour
andrew_s said:
Tubes are more porous to CO2 than to air, so if you've filled your tube with CO2 it will need pumping again in a day or two. Air will last at least a week and likely two before the tyre is too soft.
... which would explain why my tyre went down within two days and i couldn't find a hole in the tube when i took it out! ;) i will remember next time to reinflate my tyres with air when i get home.

Top Bottom