How does this panier work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Looks similar to the Ortlieb system. When you lift the handle, you release the two clasps that you can see on the top rail. You then hook the bottom around the rack while lowering it onto the rack and let go of the handle, the top clasps then grip the top rail of the rack.

I'm guessing your probably even more confused now, but don't worry, it is very easy once you see it in action.

Tynan

Veteran
domtyler said:
You carry your ego in your panniers? :becool:

wink off

I only wish there was room, work clothes, lunch, a few bits and bobs for the bike, lock and cable, and some stuff for evening classes don't leave much room

I'm hopefully eyeing a rack back recommended on another thread by waffley, hoping it's big enough and solid enough, panniers

egos are good things surely

Shaun

Founder
You should be able to use them with any standard rack.

I recently bought some panniers for my commuter and was worried about whether they would fit my rack, but found that you can move the pannier left and right on the rack to adjust the fitting to suit. The horizontal plastic bar at the bottom slides over the upright of the rack and stops the bag flapping outwards.

Although don't make the same mistake that I did. I slid the bottom plastic bar across to a comfortable fit, then forget to tighten the securing screw and lost the bar in thick home-time traffic on the first night using the panniers. ;)

mikeitup

Veteran
Wooo!

Thanks to this thread I have just ordered a pair of these very nice looking panniers for £33.99!! :tongue: ;)

Will let you know what I think when I get em.

mikeitup

Veteran
re:

used my MSX Mainstream panniers on my 7 mile each way commute today. Plus some shopping on the way home. All in torrential rain. I got soaked. The stuff in my panniers didn't. :smile:

Plax

Guru
mikeitup said:
used my MSX Mainstream panniers on my 7 mile each way commute today. Plus some shopping on the way home. All in torrential rain. I got soaked. The stuff in my panniers didn't. :smile:

I was very very tempted by them. Glad they are a good buy. I already have some cheap panniers though and only use them for commuting to work. They are perfectly adequate for that so I have no excuses :becool:.

domtyler

Über Member
mikeitup said:
Thanks to this thread I have just ordered a pair of these very nice looking panniers for £33.99!! :smile: :becool:

Will let you know what I think when I get em.

You paid that much? :smile:

Their down to £27 now!

Top Bottom