How does your Cycling Club work online?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Facebook private club. No problems yet, and if Facebook do decide to change the game, we will then have the option of doing something else. It works well so far.

Lee_M

Guru
private facebook page, allows anyone to join but means we can check they arent spammers; secret group for paid up members, website for more formal comms and to point people to the facebook pages.

Rides posted as facebook events so we can track who's coming and make sure we have enough leaders.

all seems to work quite well

we do have twitter but don't really use it

My road club which has been going for donkey's years and is traditional and set in its ways, has a website which seemingly no one visits or is interested in, no facebook. Important messages are via email ,( happens once or twice a year) if the weekly ride changes messages go out on the Strava group which probably only a quarter of the club are in anyway. Does not really need much communication, the ride is on a saturday at 09:00, turn up and ride, simples!
My MTB club is fairly new, has a website full of information but its facebook page ( private) is very active and lots of people participate in. Needs more communication as well as the weekly sunday ride, people organise off the cuff rides on a lot of evenings, ie I am out anyone else?. Also the club organises several events each year and socials , my road club does one race and a xmas dance.

Top Bottom