How easy is it to fix a bike puncture?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hands-on skills are better learned from an expert, hands-on.
Google/YouTube are planB (and won't be there to encourage you to try something you don't know you can do. Or even stuff you didn't know COULD be done! Google is rubbish for unknown unknowns. )

Sorry you guys had an unsatisfactory experience. The older I got the wiser my father seemed to become.
I'm sure he showed me how to mend a puncture; once. And I have attempted to pass that on to my offspring, I suspect with varied success, mostly depending on individual motivation (and need). But a lot of knowledge and know how is discarded/given minimal transitory attention: the mantra seems to be 'I don't need to know. When I need to I'll jgi'. Just hope they haven't got an M+ fitted :laugh:.

What I *did* learn from watching my dad was how NOT to do things. In my opinion, that's just as valuable as being taught how to do things correctly. Plus I learnt that it's perfectly fine to ask for help / call in the pros when you are out of your depth, rather than carrying on and attempting to bodge it while pretending you know what you are doing.

Fortunately, I am mechanically minded, so as long as I have some photos or exploded diagram and work methodically, I can tackle most things mechanical. Plumbing and electrical, beyond the very basics, are best left to those more skilled than I.

As for mortaring and plastering - it's just like icing a cake. :laugh: I learnt how to do the latter (a girly skill from a not terribly girly girl), and the skill is most definitely transferable to the larger scale. ^_^

Top Bottom