How fantastic is this riding lark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Had a great week riding this week.

wet, windy, cold... everything you should really NOT look for in a ride.

But each day has been a conquest and last night I got home with a real sense of pride for having completed the week in all weather.

I feel like a proper cyclist.

PS most the mornings were a complete dream with beautiful sunrises over the Thames, lighting up Westminster like a dolls house.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice one Jonny.
No excuses to get on the put put now is there :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One day in the car on Monday, and that was it. Got back on the bike, through wind, rain, mud, more mud, Strava sections, and undercarriage in agony. Just been in the car to the shops as a passenger and just had to get out and walk home as I am in that much pain. Be back in the bike Monday though.

Norm

Opposite for me, sadly.

Monday and Wednesday I was working in Southampton, so I had to drive.

Tuesday the family were all down with 'flu, except The Boy who was recovered enough to go to school.

Thursday, I had to go to a meeting in London so was fully booted & suited and couldn't ride.

I was on holiday yesterday, but rode into town anyway, just because!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Good stuff, nice to read Jonny. London can be so beautiful when it's sunny. Shame to hear about put put loud bike though.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I have a chest infection but it seems to be getting better and I am getting stronger on the bike,I know my fitness is there,I proved it in Thailand.Hopefully the hospital scans will sort out my lung damage problem.Still managing to commute in this weather with all my problems.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't be having a bike off the road mate. What's up with the broken one (I don't do names on a bike, it is wrong.)

Insert a silly smiley, as ipoos are crap for this..

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes I was out this morning, it was dull cloudy and grey, the roads were wet and covered in rubbish, I met up with some friends at a cafe then cycled home, the ride home was on dry roads with some sunshine, I got home in a better mood than I was in at the start and enjoyed it that much I'm going to do it again tomorrow.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
opposite for me this week and last....had man flu.......felt better on Wednesday so went for it.....fine in the morning but felt quite ill on the way home again.....legs didn't want to work, heart rate higher than usual and felt sick when i got off the bike so off the bike again....going to try and have another go tomorrow....really winds me up when i'm prevented getting on the bike.:banghead:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Can't be having a bike off the road mate. What's up with the broken one (I don't do names on a bike, it is wrong.)

Insert a silly smiley, as ipoos are crap for this..
Do you mean "Putt Putt"...I'm guessing that ianspeak for the motorbike. It suffered the usual drop stuff. I dropped it last year but recently had another small (very daft) drop and the fairingss gave up so I need to replace fairings, pegs, brake levers exhaust cover that sort of thing. All in all about £600 of stuff which was a shock as I thought it would be a fair bit less.

Its off the road as i cant really ride it with everything rattling about (although its probably road legal).

I plan to make a start replacing some parts tomorrow. Insurance is useless as it costs more in excess than to fix.

So I'm cycling a lot ore these days!!

D

Deleted member 1258

Can’t remember the last time I used my wife’s car to commute to work, lads & lasses in work don’t believe I can drive

I've had the same thing, been where I am now for about three years, a couple of months ago I drove in for the first time and confused everybody. :smile:

Top Bottom