Votes: 372 26.2%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 298 21.0%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

42 mile round trip from Uxbridge - city of london.
I don't do it every day just yet,but i'm working towards mon,tues,thurs,fri.
Weekend and wednesday being bike rest days

johnnyh

Veteran
34 to 42 mile round trip

trio25

Über Member
It varies so much but during school holidays when I am more likely to be in the office its a 30mile round trip.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 1993208, member: 45"]13 miles each way. One set of traffic lights.[/quote]

you can go off some people ;)

my short commute 2.7 miles to the lympic park took in 11 sets of trafic lights. current one is 20 sets over 9 miles. and 3 miles of that is off road !!! could be worse. I could use euston road :ohmy:

tadpole

8.6 miles there 9.2 miles back. No need for me to extend, as I think that is far enough for this fat bloke to cycle before a 12 hour shift.

MrSweary

26-27 mile round trip from Twickers into the City avoiding Embankment as far as possible (too many people thinking they are in the peloton!)

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
5.1 each way, i try and vary it though depends on if i want a breather at traffic lights or not. lol i have done 12 miles recently with 1000ft of climbing which i shall continue once or twice a week. still tweaking with my bike set up though.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
8.5 miles each way. But 70+ traffic lights and pedestrian crossings. That's commuting in London... particularly if you actually stop at red lights as I do.

Unlucky. When I do commute on my bike and after dropping the dog off at the dog sitters I do an almost identical distance. 8.7 miles IIRC, but only 1 roundabout, 2 or 3 hundred yards after setting off, then 1 set of traffic lights a few miles later.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
My old commute was around 5 miles from Clapham to Paddington via Hyde Park and I loved it, especially in the autumn when the leaves were golden and the mist hung over the grass in the mornings. My current commute is 2.75 miles to Camberwell and I generally take the train as it's quicker (only 7 minutes) and means I can avoid the one way system in Brixton and at the top of Clapham.

Lozatron

i tend to think of it as interval training :smile:

Exactly! I use my commute for precisely this - I actually ride in with a heart rate monitor and try to get my heart rate up to the threshold zone as quick as I can off the lights...

Anyway - *very* rare for me not to catch someone who RLJs me...so I have increased fitness *and* a moral advantage.

12 and a bit mi each way - which is about perfect - and I can fit in a loop or two of richmond park if the light is enough...

mangid

Guru
No idea how to vote ....

How long is a piece of string. Most direct is 1.5miles, but I hardly ever do that :smile:

Most days, 40 miles in, anywhere between, 2 and 25 home depending on time available.

MichaelO

Veteran
Mine is 20 miles each way - currently doing it twice a week (only started 6 weeks ago or so), but about to up it to 3 soon. Generally downhill on the way into the city, uphill home

Top Bottom