Votes: 375 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 301 21.1%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 168 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 253 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lb81

lb81,

My main ride is this fixed Wabi Special. Which really is the greatest purchase I've made my entire life.

http://www.v0m.it/Wabi_Special/index.html

The best part about a long commute is never having to make time to go ride!

That is a fine looking bike chi, really nice. I find the idea of a fixed wheel really appealing as I love the simplicity but I view the prospect of doing 40 miles a day on one with a certain trepidation. I guess as with all things, I am not going to know until I try...!

Couldn't agree more with that sentiment either!

at the moment i cycle 10 ish miles when i can be bothered to get out of bed if not i catch a train, but just getting back in to it i used to cycle 20 miles a day and was really fit so will try and do this all the time.

matty01

Mine is about 6 and a half miles each way and half of it through country lanes, I start early in the morning so not looking forward to mornings and night getting darker

fuji-stu

There's something about riding about at the crack of dawn in the pitch black and rain I just don't like around here spooky

matty01

Just need to get some decent lights :-) swallow the fear and pedal on :-)

sabian92

Über Member
3.5 miles each way, although starting in September I'm giving up commuting by bike (Shock horror! although to be fair I didn't ever hardly do it unless it was between June-October because I have no wet gear and turning up to an IT lecture as a drowned rat is not the done thing :laugh: ) and going to the gym either before or after college as I really need to improve my fitness but I also I want to tone up the top half of my body as at the moment I'm sort of a flabby blob with manboobs unfortunately. 16st and 5'11 does that to you, apparently.

I'll miss it even more but I won't miss having to navigate this bugger: http://goo.gl/maps/6XjrU (On the path, but still, it's narrow and people always bomb past even though the path is literally about 3 1/2 feet wide).

jaynana

i do 10milesx2 per day x 5 days most weeks minimum, depending on the office location. usually more cos i also shuttle for meetings to other offices by bike.hese days i do 14milesx2 but not all 5 days mostly 4 days/week. work from home the 5th day.

Shortest I've done in a day is 26 miles round trip - taking 700/23c on muddy towpaths isn't that bright though, maximum I've done is a 60 miles round trip. Pretty much all pancake flat though - I live on the only hill my side of Manchester.

Top Bottom