Votes: 372 26.2%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 298 21.0%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
It's doable spring to autumn, but not in the middle of winter at 10pm. Then I'll ride to the train station (5miles) and home (another 5). Not wimping out, just being cautious :smile:

luckyb**

Will be starting to commute from Monday..... around 13 miles each way.

In 'training' for it at the moment!

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
But there's nothing stopping you doing a loop commute is there?

No showers available so it will be a race up a few hills, alternated with some jogging before heading to work. The weekend will be proper cycling time, and, although I mourn my old commute, we have just moved to a little tiny city where beautiful countryside is on our doorstep. Awesome.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No showers available so it will be a race up a few hills, alternated with some jogging before heading to work. The weekend will be proper cycling time, and, although I mourn my old commute, we have just moved to a little tiny city where beautiful countryside is on our doorstep. Awesome.

I have no showers at work either.
A small sink in the bogs and some babywipes work well.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member

But I'm a lady!!!! Ha! Facilities really are a bit crap, so no privacy even for that - I don't fancy sorting myself out like that in a little cubical. Enjoy the bogs'n'babywipes!

Jdratcliffe

Used to do 20 mile round trip. From next week I will have a 10 minute walk :cry:
no what you'll have is a ever flexible route to work :becool:

But I'm a lady!!!! Ha! Facilities really are a bit crap, so no privacy even for that - I don't fancy sorting myself out like that in a little cubical. Enjoy the bogs'n'babywipes!
walliams-and-lucas---litt-001.jpg

Hitchington

Lovely stuff

Yep, that's what I do. Having a shower before leaving in the morning means that it's clean sweat when I get to work and with a change of clothes (along with a wipe down in the loo) I'm feeling fresh for the day ahead!

lb81

Yep, that's what I do. Having a shower before leaving in the morning means that it's clean sweat when I get to work and with a change of clothes (along with a wipe down in the loo) I'm feeling fresh for the day ahead!

+1 on the baby wipe 'shower'!

I keep a flannel, towel and some other bits at work as well and swap them for clean items once a week.

Top Bottom