how far on a hybrid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark1974

just wondering how far anyone has cycled on a hybrid?
and how long before you changed to a road bike or not?

cheers

MarkF

Guru
Just cycled across Spain, Bilbao to Malaga on a Specialized Sirrus Sport. I only used that because my other bike was stolen, prior to the trip I'd ridden about 50 miles on it, in 2 rides only, a few days before I flew out. No problems, we fitted together after 2 or 3 days.

Toured before several times on a Dawes Discovery, hybrids suit me, I've tried a tourer (Dawes Horizon) but went back, it's whatever suits/fits you best.

ohnovino

Large Member
8500 miles on my Trek 7.1 (including one 100-miler) before I got the roadie. It was briefly my second-choice bike, but during the recent wet spell it's regained top spot.

Jodee1kenobi

I have done 5500 miles on my hybrid (inc an 85 miler) and I will never use another bike for that kind of distance, I had a road bike and didn't get on with it. I always think that the more comfortable you are on a bike the more miles you are likely to do ^_^

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
How about all the way round the world

3480202290_1e2e7fdb9f.jpg

http://www.markbeaumontonline.com/

I haven't ridden that far, but I've done a 200 mile tour and about 90 miles in a single sitting on a hybrid. The only change I made to the standard spec was bar ends.

I switched when I got a drop barred tourer on C2W, which was a much better spec and more than price of the hybrid, but I wouldn't have any worries about touring on my hybrid again

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Not as much as many here, but 50 miles seemed fine on my front sus. hybrid, certainly comfy enough. I dont have a road bike to compare it to though :smile:

I've done two long tours on hybids.

4,500 km and 2,500+ km on two different Scott Sportsters. If you have a comfortable saddle, and the bike is set up for you, plus you pack and carry sensibly, then you can ride as far as your legs will take you. :smile:

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

Done the C2C twice on my hybrid,but much prefer the road bike
great avatar by the way :smile:

YNWA or YNCA
Just cycled across Spain, Bilbao to Malaga on a Specialized Sirrus Sport. I only used that because my other bike was stolen, prior to the trip I'd ridden about 50 miles on it, in 2 rides only, a few days before I flew out. No problems, we fitted together after 2 or 3 days.

Toured before several times on a Dawes Discovery, hybrids suit me, I've tried a tourer (Dawes Horizon) but went back, it's whatever suits/fits you best.

wow and you are like so young on the avatar hahaha
and thanks for replys

compo

Veteran
Dun Run a few weeks ago (120 miles). I went the opposite way to many and went from road bike to hybrid, although I had a hybrid and a road bike. I sold the pair and bought a new Trek hybrid.

nicruiser

I have done 5500 miles on my hybrid (inc an 85 miler) and I will never use another bike for that kind of distance, I had a road bike and didn't get on with it. I always think that the more comfortable you are on a bike the more miles you are likely to do ^_^

As above, have a trek 7.1, had it a couple of years now and was the bike that got me into cycling. Would have done about 2000 miles on it. I have tried road bikes but never really got on with them, always go back to hybrid, especially for longer distances, do find it more comfortable which makes the miles easier lol

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Did Manchester to Cornwall fully loaded on my Sirrus sport,great bike which is still load lugging happily even after four years of abuse ! I added bar ends and a Brookes seat for extra comfort

Top Bottom