How fast can you do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derall

Guru
It seems that every farmer in South Bucks has been out hedge-trimming over the weekend, and left detritus all over the roads. The first puncture yesterday took about ten minutes, swapping tubes. The second one took about fifteen minutes. The third one has been sitting in the corner of my room, and after 28 hrs still hasn't been fixed.

Why take n inner tubes with you when go out on a ride? Sod's law says you'll need n+1

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Probably about 25-30 minutes...never really timed it. That is a job that I HATE to rush. As others have said, sometimes it can be difficult to find that tiny bit of beer bottle glass, or the tiny piece of wire that caused the problem. Also, I'm very careful about making sure the tube isn't pinched by the bead, and that the tyre is centered on the rim. Most of my p*******s have been in the dark, on the way to work. This adds the problem of holding a light whilst you work. In my experience, haste makes waste on this job.

18 minutes (including taking my shoes off as it happened within ten metres of setting off this morning.)xx(:rolleyes:
Includes unpacking levers etc but also being able to sit down comfortably for the faff about bit of getting the tyre back on...

Maz

Guru
Had to do a p*ncture repair today. Fixed it, then realised the slit in the tyre had got worse. Made a 'boot' out of a Bueno chocolate wrapper (Bollo's advice) to take the pressure off. It worked!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
18 minutes (including taking my shoes off as it happened within ten metres of setting off this morning.)xx(:rolleyes:
Includes unpacking levers etc but also being able to sit down comfortably for the faff about bit of getting the tyre back on...

Ape, have you not bought those Marathon+ yet?

rich p said:
Ape, have you not bought those Marathon+ yet?

Yes - read all about it (well - see a pic <excitement> ) on the thread.
But. I have had a new pair of wheels in the box since November and they will be fitted with the new, along with new cassette and chain etc...:sad:

(When I have finished cutting the porcelain bits and bobs...:tongue:) :biggrin:

Top Bottom