How fast can you fix a p**nct**e?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Got my second in a week y'day...getting very experienced at them. Timed this morning's at 7 minutes, start to finish, from pumping up to locate the hole to screwing on the valve cap. And that's with rubber solution & old-style patches. With one o' they self-adhesive jobbies I reckon I could beat 5 minutes now. Anyone beat that?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Just change the innertube and you'll knock five minutes off that.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Fast. I can get the wheel off quick. Get the tyre off with one tyre lever so that saves time. Then its just a case of getting the old tube out and putting a new one in. The old tube gets stuffed back into the saddle bag and its just a case of pumping it up, putting it back in and going.
No need to mess about with patches.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have so little practice, I usually have difficulty remembering where to start, maybe I should go back to cr*p tyres...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rhythm Thief said:
I replace the tube at the roadside, then fix the punctured one later in the comfort of my living room.

Exactly!

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I replace the tube at the roadside, then fix the punctured one later in the comfort of my living room.

not me. mrs. hgf wouldn't allow it, and i think that the pressure helps the glue seal the patch properly

yenrod

Yes but the deal is: how do you fix the puncture - with the tube slightly inflated or totally de-flated ???????????????

Though I know I did one once pretty quick as it was round the corner from the chaingang - prior to me getting there... !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Deflated - ish - let the glue go off then apply the patch...in the comfort of the garage - can't be bothered these days doing it on the road... flat, tube out, check tyre, new tube in, pump up and off.... fix the tube if needed when I get back home - usually carry two tubes and a kit anyway.........

Three repairs and it's in the bin.........

hubgearfreak

Über Member
fossyant said:
Three repairs and it's in the bin.........

thirty three, maybe:biggrin:

i find that patches don't cope so well when half straddling earlier patches - so then it's the bin, but if there's room for one more patch, it's still a goer as far as i'm concerned.

Top Bottom