How Fast To Join A Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nosaj

So I went for a quick 15 mile run last night to test out the bad boys.
What I discovered is that at speeds under about 15mph they are sort of rendered unless, and stability is an issue, I was wobbling around drifting all over the place. However at 20mph+ they start to become useful, the stability issue goes away, I it’s comfortable, I liked the position.
For me I could only use them probably 50% of the time, because if the roads not perfectly flat or down hill I cannot use them, Ow and steep downhill’s I come off them at 30mph+ because I’m bricking it and cover the brakes just in case.
Bumps in the road I didn’t find any issues, I didn’t feel any worse in the aero position compared to normal (15-20mph+) Overall I’m happy with them, I like the look on my bike, and when appropriate like the position I’m in, I have to admit when a cyclist went past the other way, I went to a normal position as I was paranoid.

The more you use them the easier they will get and speeds of 20mph+ is exactly when you need to be as aerodynamic as possible. I am on the aeros 95% of the time on a TT only coming off for the turns when you start spending 20 mins + in the Aero tuck you will find where the niggles are. If you have a Turbo trainer practise using the areo bars on that and it sounds cheesy but look at yourself in a mirror at the same time you can tweak your position further.

Clipless pedals next???

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
The more you use them the easier they will get and speeds of 20mph+ is exactly when you need to be as aerodynamic as possible. I am on the aeros 95% of the time on a TT only coming off for the turns when you start spending 20 mins + in the Aero tuck you will find where the niggles are. If you have a Turbo trainer practise using the areo bars on that and it sounds cheesy but look at yourself in a mirror at the same time you can tweak your position further.

Clipless pedals next???

Clipless pedals? Is that the ones with clips? I have shoes that clip to the pedals already.
I supose next is a turbo training, Im get the other half to buy me one for chrismass

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Going along to a Triathlon Club on thursday night, its at a swim session but they also release the details of the club ride for the Sunday.

The Club is Rochdale Triathlon Club, Wish me luck.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Yes, Swim was last night, and Im meeting them for the club ride on sunday!!!!!!!!!!!, went quite well, I think this is the club I will join, plus run with my old running club every week or two.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
a group ride with everyone on tri-bars.....what could go wrong..? ;)

Puncture?

Top Bottom