How hard is it to give something away???!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
we have had same issues with some freecyclers as well very frustrating .

we listed a tumble dryer this weekend to gauge interest first i just listed it once i had 4 or 5 replys i thought i had better check it first before giving it away to somebody needy , so plugged it in and hey presto no drum rotation at all and a strong burning smell , so straight of to tip , and a quick e mail to all who applied and only 2 people responded

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
It looks like it may be going afterall.
A local lad responded and came round five minutes after. His only problem now is shifting it.
We moved it here with the help of my neighbours hubby and a borrowed trolley thing - a dolly??
Since I agreed to him having it two people have emailed back saying they want it and when should they come. Grrrr.
I haven't used freecycle for ages because I got fed up of people messing me about, and being downright bad mannered when collecting items.

Night Train

Maker of Things
A local lad responded and came round five minutes after. His only problem now is shifting it.
We moved it here with the help of my neighbours hubby and a borrowed trolley thing - a dolly??
Since I agreed to him having it two people have emailed back saying they want it and when should they come. Grrrr.
I haven't used freecycle for ages because I got fed up of people messing me about, and being downright bad mannered when collecting items.
Keep in touch with the other people who want it in case the first lad has problems moving it.

The piano shifting dolly is really useful as pianos are not supposed to me moved on their 'ornamental' wheels.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Ah yes, the wheels. We discovered pianos don't roll on wheels like the do on the telly when we tried to roll ours!!
I've emailed one lady, who was actually the first to respond but couldn't come until Friday, and said if it doesn't go I'll let her know.

Hotblack Desiato

345635_370.jpg

pplpilot

Guru
The arguments my other half's Baby grand caused when we were looking at houses, we viewed some lovely houses but some were not big enough to have a room just for the piano. I wouldn't mind but you can count on one hand the times in a month its played, granted she's a very competent player, she's been playing since about 5 years old, in her 40's now and it was a 16th birthday present from her parents all right for them they have a huge house, I wanted it to stay there but they wanted it out. When we finally moved cost a fortune to shift it and re-tune, I mean what's wrong with an electric these days? oh It aint the same apparently... I long for the day she wants rid of it..
Grrrrrrr

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I'm getting really cheesed off now.
I told the lad who wants it that I'm only home in the mornings until about 12/1 ish and then after half five. I did make sure he knew the house wasn't entirely empty though - just in case!
He emailed me yesterday at about 2pm, while I was at work, to say he had someone who could move it that afternoon when would be a good time. I mailed back within about 20 minutes of him sending to say after half five, and nothing!
Talking about it at work and my manager says he'd have taken it!

Top Bottom