How hard is it to give something away???!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
We have a piano that is taking up too much space, considering nobody ever plays it!
So I stuck it on freecycle.
I've had five responses, I've emailed each of them and only one has bothered to get back to me to make an arrangement to come and look at it.
One mailed me yesterday asking to look at it today, so I said that would be fine, we'd be home after 1. Re-arranged my day so I am at home, and nothing.
Anyone want a piano?!

Octet

Veteran
Unfortunately I don't think it shall fit on the back of my bicycle, although I am surprised... considering how much a piano would cost when new?

What sort if piano is it?

We have a piano that is taking up too much space, considering nobody ever plays it!
So I stuck it on freecycle.
I've had five responses, I've emailed each of them and only one has bothered to get back to me to make an arrangement to come and look at it.
One mailed me yesterday asking to look at it today, so I said that would be fine, we'd be home after 1. Re-arranged my day so I am at home, and nothing.
Anyone want a piano?!

Are you saying that this prospective buyer has struck a wrong chord?

Perhaps this is something to note?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Since It's a Knockout finished there's not much demand for old pianos... has it got a cast iron frame... might be worth re-advertising it on ebay if it has.

Night Train

Maker of Things
The thing with Pianos is that people do want them, they just don't want to move them or get them retuned afterwards.

I have moved two pianos. Never again. Too heavy, too difficult, too fragile. And then the recipient of one of them changes his mind, having got the delivery free, and wants it removing again! No chance mate!:thumbsdown:

My neighbour had a knackered piano. He decided to drag it out into his garden and then have a party with a bonfire behind the piano. During the course of the evening guests sat and played the out of tune and knackered piano as it burned Then, when it was too hot to play, they pushed it over onto the flames.

I got the scrap metal the next day!:thumbsup:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Classic PG Tips monkey stuff "You hum it son, i'll play it "

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzEBLa3PPk

Top Bottom