How I hate the school hols...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
If I have just one more kid pull that gag where they see you coming, whisper to their mates, turn sideways and suddenly walk backwards into your path 'pretending' they don't know you're coming....

Next time my elbow might accidentally be sticking out a little too far as I have to swerve behind the little sods. :?: :?:

Grrrrr. Roll on the end of the hols. I'm tired of having this old chestnut performed on me on an almost daily basis - I may invest in an Air Zound so that they can't claim they didn't know I was coming. :sad:

Keith Oates

Janner
Out here most of the kids ride bikes to school and go along 3,4 or even 5 abreast. For me when they are not in school makes commuting a little less hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alcdrew

Kids on holiday, they break up early in Scotland don't they. There all still at school down here.

And I have to say, I think it must be rough up there. A city full of little delinquents; can't say I have ever had a child do that to me. But now I've said it, you know whats going to happen on my way home!!

But the airzound sounds like a good idea, blast that just as your getting close and they'll jump out of there skin and your way :?:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Not had a kid do that to me. I had 3 kids trying to block the rode up when i was going down it, they left a small gap though so i flew past. Its mainly when the kids are on the way home from school, and they think that they are really tough.
You could always greeny on them as you go past.

Emu

School holidays. Can't wait. No packed lunches to make, don't have to get up so early, no homework to argue over and the roads are clearer.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I generally look forward the school holidays, no more school run drivers. I usual use the bell to let them know I am coming and if they ignore that then I
just run the wee bugger down, they soon learn...

col

Legendary Member
My least favourite time of year,the noise can go on till very late on a night,wasnt too bad the last couple of years,but still dread the hols :eek:

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Air Zound ordered.

No more excuses from them that 'they didn't see me' or "ah didnae hear yer wee bell, ya c**t; ah'll sue you if you touch me, by the way, 'cos you're no' allowed tae 'cos that's assault an' ah've got witnesses"

The language of 8 - 9 year olds is a joy to hear these days, as is their detailed knowledge of their rights (though sadly not their responsibilities). When I was that age I was afraid of getting into trouble and scared of adults catching me doing anything wrong; now they're squaring up to you and issuing threats. What's gone wrong with the world ?

domtyler

Über Member
I think it is generally a good thing that children do not have to suffer physical abuse from strangers or even from their own family any more even though there are many members of the "never did me any 'arm" brigade.

Obviously the price we pay as a society is a slightly unruly youth but I am sure we will learn how to deal with that over time. The efforts so far, ASBOs etc. are totally absurd, ill-advised and don't work. Going back to the 'good old days' where it was considered okay to cuff cheeky kids 'round the ear is not an option I would consider.

col

Legendary Member
good point, i think not allowed out or no pc games this week would have more effect,or along those lines maybe?

Tetedelacourse

Ghost Donkey said:
<chanting>Airzound, airzound, airzound, airzound.</chanting>

Saying that, I discovered mine's broken :eek:

:blush: I have an image of you menacingly pressing the button only then to have to slide silently by.

Top Bottom