How long does it take, EVRI??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ordered some bar tape from Chain Reaction on Saturday. Not so long ago, it would have been delivered Monday or Tuesday. But that was before CR insisted on using the incompetent, useless, sloth like delivery "service" called EVRI.

They have had my parcel since Sunday according to the email they sent, promising they would email again when it was out for delivery. Five days later, silence.....
EVRI, if you're listening, this is 2022, not 1972 when "allow 28 days for delivery" was the norm. And CR, if you are listening, you are about to lose a long standing regular customer unless you ditch this lot of bungling incompetents. It's not my first time complaining. In fact I haven't had a delivery involving EVRI that wasn't problematic.

Screenshot_20221007-134540_Samsung Internet.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
conversely I've had 2 things delivered in last 2 weeks within 48 hours from CRC via Evri. Like a lot of services it varies depending on your local driver sorting depot

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
As @T4tomo said above, it very much depends on the delivery person.
Ours is really good, she's even answered queries on the local FB page.
On the other hand, the person before her was a disaster, I used not to buy stuff delivered by Hermes because I knew it wouldn't arrive.

CRC were brilliant until the the Watson family sold the business. Always the next day, exchange was easy, very attentive staff. Carried a lot of stuff. First thing the Wiggle did was to close the Belfast warehouse and just kept the name. Husband and wife started the bicycle store and organised races on weekends. Its just grew and grew. Now owned by fund management company as part of Wiggle.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
An update:

Parcel had still not arrived within 7 days (and no updates on live tracker), so as advised on EVRI's own website, I contacted the retailer (Chain Reaction). After much exchanging of messages with someone on their live helpline (please can we go back to talking with someone!) it was agreed that they would send a replacement parcel, and also give me a £10 credit voucher. So well done CR..

The replacement was despatched on Sunday 9th October, and delivered by Yodel on Monday 10th October. Well done Yodel; which begs the question, why can EVRI manage to take a week to do nothing?

Then..... I get a notification text today to tell me that my parcel from EVRI is ready for collection at Tesco express! I won't be collecting it, as CR advised me that would mean paying twice in the event of the original turning up. EVRI can collect it from Tesco at their leisure and return it to CR.. Double the work for them, for their trouble.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Looks like it isn't an isolated problem. EVRI are getting some deserved publicity. (But it's not just Christmas).

BBC News - Evri says sorry for parcel delays in run-up to Christmas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-63874415

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Help, I'm stuck in the Evri alternative dimension........

Ordered something on 9th and it has been with Evri since the 10th. Have raised a case with Ebay and seller (Woolly Hat Shop, but not their fault I'm sure?) so just waiting for a refund or replacement. Luckily I'm not desperate for the part or I would be cross!

Evri - The New Hermes, which is actually the same old Hermes and will soon be in need of another re-brand if they carry on.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've had issues with bigger stuff that gets lost on the trucks. Usually stuff that we order from where MrsF works, so we know its not the company.

Smaller stuff either takes ages or turns up. Once its with the lovely 'Hannah' our local deliverer, it always gets to us pronto. She's really good.

Top Bottom