How long should a pair of bib shorts last? (GORE)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobi8

Regular
Hi for my birthday this June my girlfriend bought me a pair of "Gore Bike Wear Power 2.0 Bib Shorts". I have wore them a moderate amount, but not excessively.

I was pleased with them on a whole until about a month ago the seam around the bottom of the leg started coming undone now a second seam further up the sorts is starting to go.

How long/many miles should they last? and is this sort of thing to be expected?

Thanks for any help :smile:

Booyaa

Veteran
3,748 miles on average

(sorry I have no idea really)

vickster

Legendary Member
How do you wash them, 30 deg with non bio powder and no fabric softener I hope

I have some Gore tights, they are beginning to wear on the rear a little little presumably from friction from the saddle. I have had them around 4 years and going strong, probably done at least 1500 miles

If not happy, assuming you follow the care instructions to the letter (and they fit ok), get in touch with Gore customer services, with a scan of the receipt

I had a pair of Gore bib shorts with 2 zips at the back for calls of nature (for women). Both zips broke within 2 weeks of me starting to use them and I had to hand stitch them closed whilst on tour having nothing else to wear. But normally I would expect them to last and last and last. My Northwave bib tights are 8 years old and although they only get worn in winter, they have seen a considerably amount of use with me using them on tour and on daily commutes.

Top Bottom