How long to give a saddle ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a new Specialized Romin a couple of weeks ago , I have ridenn most days with it and still feel a littl uncomfortable, I can feel my sit bones , something I never did on my Charge spoon.
I know youn get 30 days to try Specialized seats , if it is no better up until then should I give in and try another one.
regards
Mark

When you find a saddle that fits you, why change to another one?

OP
OP
M

Mark Walker

Veteran
To be honest , I know it was a flawed study but the Prostate Study freaked me a little.
I am over 50 and cycle over 2 hours a day , so it got me thinking about my saddle.
I thought a pressure reliving saddle would help , so I tried the romin for the channel.
Otherwise I get on with most saddles.
regards
Mark

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I think you know pretty soon whether a saddle will suit you or not. Earlier this year I tried a Fizik Arione for a week, then tried the version with a cut out the week after. Straight away it was just so uncomfortable. Back to the standard CX and have been happy with it ever since. I wouldn't give it too much scientific thought, if its not comfy, find one that is.

OP
OP
M

Mark Walker

Veteran
Still not sure , sometimes it feels ok then other I can feel my sit bones , trying a longish ride tomorrow , I think this will be judgment day
regards
Mark

Top Bottom