How lucky is that?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I went for my longest ride ever so far, 41 miles from Colwyn Bay to Bewts y Coed. The road is up an down all the way but fairly free of traffic.
When I got to less than a mile from home, I realised I had a puncture. Luckily, it was only a slow puncture so I pumped tyre up and got home without having to walk.
If it had been much further away, my wife would have had a phone call to come and pick me up.
According to the weatherman, it is going to rain most of the day tomorrow so guess what I will be doing?
By the way, I do carry spare tube and stuff but don't fancy doing a repair on the side of the road unless there is no other way!
This is my first puncture since 23 September 2011 and I have done about 1600 miles since then, so I can't complain.

Gary E

Veteran
1 puncture in 1600 miles? can't complain at that. All of mine seem to occur when I'm at the furthest point from home and almost always on the back wheel :cursing:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
1 puncture in 1600 miles? can't complain at that. All of mine seem to occur when I'm at the furthest point from home and almost always on the back wheel :cursing:
Yep, back wheel too and it will be the first time it comes off. I have even never done a quick release!

theFire

Veteran
I've done 2400 miles without a puncture on my road bike... getting close to a whole year!

I dont think I should have mentioned this. I'm just tempting the fairies aren't I?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i first got back into cycling 14 years ago i bought a cheapish mountain bike. It was needed to get me to work and back as i couldn't afford a car at the time. I was a bit apprehensive as i hadn't cycled for what must have been 20 years. However i felt confident on a mountain bike as they had suspension, and chunky tyres so no punctures..i thought. I'd only gone about a mile when i had my first puncture!:ohmy: I was late for work and downbeat about my latest form of transport, but i persevered and over the years i did another 3 and a half thousand miles on that bike without another puncture, and with the same repaired inner tube as well.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom