How many buses?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freewheeler

I know how much you all hated British Rail

Proper luggage vans that could take more than two bikes at at time, without having to book them in advance. The local stopper being held to let the express through if it was five minutes late rather than having the express follow at a crawl. The fact that the whole system ran on far less public money than it does now. BR was fine, never had a problem with it myself.

gavintc

Guru
Well Scotrail is a dream for bikes. I commute peak timings to Glasgow and each train will take 12 bikes. I have never had a problem getting my bike on the train.

WRT the tram works, I live at Haymarket and we waiting for the next phase of road closures. It is such a shame that the Victorian Caledonian pub next to the station is to be ripped down for the trams. I can see why the Heritage people are worried about Edinburgh losing its Heritage site status.

bonj2

What a joke. It'd actually be funny if it wasn't causing lots of congestion, climate change and probably danger.
So now we have it - congestion JUST due to buses. Congestion OF buses!! ;)
Completely ridiculous state of affairs. Get rid of the lot of them, the country would be a much better place. Buses are a primitive form of transport, and while they might have a place in the third world, and the past, they have no place in 21st century britain.

Tetedelacourse

gavintc said:
Well Scotrail is a dream for bikes. I commute peak timings to Glasgow and each train will take 12 bikes. I have never had a problem getting my bike on the train.

WRT the tram works, I live at Haymarket and we waiting for the next phase of road closures. It is such a shame that the Victorian Caledonian pub next to the station is to be ripped down for the trams. I can see why the Heritage people are worried about Edinburgh losing its Heritage site status.

It's less of a dream and more of a f&*"k£$g nightmare if you're trying to get from South Gyle to Fife at commuting time with a bike. Space for 2 bikes, on a 2 carriage train coming from Haymarket, through the Gyle area which has a lot of offices widely spaced out (so likely quite a few bikes). Been refused on 3 times before I decided to change my commuting patterns.;)

On the plus side, I've done lots more full commutes as a result of this complete oversight by Scotrail.

Top Bottom