How many CC'ers do you see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
addictfreak said:
Is there a CC cycle top available, they'd be no escape then.

picture.php

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Seen plenty on organised group rides but never seen anybody I recognise outside of that realm

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I don't see any other cyclists usually, let alone another CCer. Saw a bloke on a nice Spesh road bike this evening, gave him a wave as I was powering (huffing and puffing) up the hill towards my house, he seemed as surprised as I was to see another non-POB and nodded back.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I commute in with Tharg about 3 times a week, and we've both seen Dan_Bo heading in the opposite direction (didn't realise until he'd pretty much passed though).

Not sure if I've seen any others though.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
trustysteed said:
Wouldn't know if I did see one! Anyone go down Gloucester Road in Bristol in the morning?

I'm more likely to go down the back roads at least part of the way so that I don't have to go at stop start pace, though eventually you have to join anyway.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Not sure if I've seen any others though.

Only on bike to work days....;)

Only occasional regular is Dan-bo a couple of times - our path's cross when I come into Manchester.

Apparently Jake was on the other side of Blackfriars Bridge the other week when I was blowing my horns like mad at the mad bus.

Nearest I have come really.Wanted to meet the legend BentMikey so he could teach me all about cycling but then he left us.

I have never knowingly passed a CC'er. (Wait a minute... that didn't come out right... Aarrrgggh! Neither did that!!) xx(:biggrin:

In seriousness, since this place has existed, haven't encountered anyone. As has been pointed out, unless they are in CC kit how are you going to know? I can't think a lot of CC'ers commute in CC kit for one thing; even if they own it, they probably keep it for leisure rides.

Maybe there should be a bike or bikebag decoration / removable decal of some kind so that, for those who want to be, CC'ers are recognisable to each other all the time?

tordis

theboytaylor said:
Greenwich Park to Cannon Street. Look out for this rather lairy bike (blue bar tape at the mo):
2717994780_c004b7d942.jpg
This one's hard to miss - I'll keep my eyes open and I'll be sure to say hello if I see you xx( Mine's a plain, inconspicuous white Ridgeback Meteor, BTW.
Beanzontoast said:
Maybe there should be a bike or bikebag decoration / removable decal of some kind so that, for those who want to be, CC'ers are recognisable to each other all the time?
Not a bad idea at all. Anyone up for designing it?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I see a few most morning on the way to work but i have no idea if they are, unless anyone goes through willington heading for toyota ?

and maybe just use the bike logo at the top of the forum page ??

Jake

yes that was me, but that was very quickly. I followed some other guy the other night who had airhorns on his bike too by kennington cop shop. I guess we see each other, (the londoners) but we just dont recorgnise them. Plus some people are more approachable then others.

Top Bottom