How many different plants do you eat in a week?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
I eat 30 in total, but not all of them each week, and not in equal quantities either:
1672781420744.png

As long as 80-90% of Tescos fruit & veg is sold pre-packed in quantities I can't eat, that's not likely to change any time soon.
Eight 80g portions a day for 7 days is 4.5kg, so you would have to be able to buy each in quantities of 150g.

I eat too much bread though, I know that much. But good bread is sound.
I eat tons of bread because it's cheap and filling. It provides 23% of my energy and 38% of my fibre for just 6.8% of the budget, but the downside is 46% of my salt comes from bread, which makes it a tall order to meet the salt intake recommendations. Bread is also classed as an ultra-processed foodstuff under the Nova system, and as such, should be avoided as far as possible.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I eat 30 in total, but not all of them each week, and not in equal quantities either:
View attachment 673356
As long as 80-90% of Tescos fruit & veg is sold pre-packed in quantities I can't eat, that's not likely to change any time soon.
Eight 80g portions a day for 7 days is 4.5kg, so you would have to be able to buy each in quantities of 150g.

I eat tons of bread because it's cheap and filling. It provides 23% of my energy and 38% of my fibre for just 6.8% of the budget, but the downside is 46% of my salt comes from bread, which makes it a tall order to meet the salt intake recommendations. Bread is also classed as an ultra-processed foodstuff under the Nova system, and as such, should be avoided as far as possible.

Crackin.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Bread is also classed as an ultra-processed foodstuff under the Nova system, and as such, should be avoided as far as possible.

That only applies to ‘mass-produced packaged breads’, which are industrial garbage. Bread made with just flour, yeast, water and (optional) salt, as can easily be done at home, would fall under Group 2 classification.

If you take out any form of meat, you actually fall into plant territory. I know people who do not treat or consider potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, noodles as plants. I have come across vegans who talk about Tofu as though it’s a new find but would not consider potatoes, pasta, noodles, rice etc as real vegan food. When you point out they are plants the topic is changed to healthy foods - as in kale, greens, all sorts of salads, and new age veg preparations. Go figure.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
How are the bowels coping? Has the bathroom extractor fan chucked in the towel yet?

So far, so good...but there are still 12 plants to go....

Top Bottom