how many inches have you got?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
50" here, replaced a 43" that developed a fault. Mounted on a wall, cables hidden in plaster. It's bloody brilliant.
I'm surprised we haven't had the usual disproportionate representation of the "I don't have a TV, got rid of it 30 years ago" type on this thread yet. People who don't have TVs are like vegetarians, they can't wait to tell everyone else about how 'different' they are. :smile:

Funnily enough, we'll get rid of our when the kids leave home, oh, and we are veggies too.

Hope your cables fail.

Leodis

Veteran
Strange ours was ordered from Argos, I called on the day and they said it hadnt been picked up so wasnt going to turn up, I complained about I could of waited allday and asked for a refund.. anyway it was picked up and delivered and refunded with del cost!! Bonus, free 42" LED tv :becool:

tyred

Legendary Member
21" CRT, bought in Aldi a few years ago. Used to watch Grand Prixs and practically nothing else. Won't be replaced whenever it dies.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I have a 32" that my mother bought me as a wedding present in 2005, the previous one was a 28" that mum bought me for Christmas in 2001 and the one before that was a 14" from mum in 1994. I'm 33 years old and have never bought a tv. The 32" has also outlasted the husband by six years!

I quite fancy a flat screen tv for space saving porpoises but it seems pointless when there's nothing wrong at all with the one I have. It's a JVC and will probably last forever :rolleyes:

DRHysted

Guru
It was bought a few years ago, and I simply bought the best I could afford at the time, it just happened to be 48". There was larger screens in the shop, but they were lower spec. I wouldn't say it dominates the room, and because I've built it into a unit, I'll never buy a bigger screen.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I haven't got a clue how big mine is (:thumbsup: ) but it's an old one, in the shape of a massive box that takes up an entire corner of our (quite large) living room. It has it's own gravity field, but strangely repels remote controls, throwing them out of its field, to all corners of the room.

Reactions: TVC

Sandra6

Veteran
Ours if 50inches.
It was actually a compromise - Mr6 wanted a projector and screen!
To be fair we did buy it to fit in a 15' square room, with a ceiling as high again and it looked a little lost, not so now we live in a normal size house again!

No size of telly marks the owner out as a chav or common but any size of telly mounted six feet high on a chimney breast with a sofa neck-craningly close to it does so instantly.

Reactions: TVC

fossala

Guru
50" here, replaced a 43" that developed a fault. Mounted on a wall, cables hidden in plaster. It's bloody brilliant.

I'm surprised we haven't had the usual disproportionate representation of the "I don't have a TV, got rid of it 30 years ago" type on this thread yet. People who don't have TVs are like vegetarians, they can't wait to tell everyone else about how 'different' they are. :smile:
I only have a TV for games (don't have a TV licence and don't watch TV) and I'm a vegan, is that close enough?

EDIT: Oh yeah, mine is 42".

32 here.
Got it about five years ago (Panasonic and have since got the Panasonic recording box thing that used to be called a video player).

As they say it is more about what you do with it!! Room size and how far away from the screen you are. After all they have the same number of dots in them (*) and the bigger the screen the bigger the dots. I found the quality of the bigger screens to be poor by comparison if you are fairly close to them. I found the 32 to be a good balance of quality and size for where we want to put it.

(*aside from HD)

Top Bottom