how many inches have you got?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mine's an old computer monitor hooked up to a Freeview box, so that's probably 12"...

swansonj

Guru
32. But in my defence:
(a) we got it 7 years ago and have had no inclination to change it yet, despite the colour and (particularly) the smoothness of rapid movements being well behind current standards
(b) it was the first ever new TV we bought, every previous set (I think a grand total of two in twenty years) was ex-rental, bought for a song
(c) I built a set of built-in shelves around it, so if we ever do replace it, we cannot go up in size even if we wanted.

TVC

32" any bigger and it would dominate the room.

I have a work colleague who buys a new TV every 18 months or so, not that he can afford it. Bizarre really, because mostly he watches Dave, so he's still seeing the same programme he watched 18 months before.
I think you're right on your inverted snobbery basis. It's an (almost) affordable status symbol for those with the lowest earning potential.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
32" here too, it's obviously the optimum size for snobbers, only common people would have a bigger telly.

Reactions: 4F

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I'm going to pick up my new 46" samsung in half an hour as it happens. A 40 would have been fine but the bigger screens aren't much more expensive now :smile:

dodgy

50" here, replaced a 43" that developed a fault. Mounted on a wall, cables hidden in plaster. It's bloody brilliant.

I'm surprised we haven't had the usual disproportionate representation of the "I don't have a TV, got rid of it 30 years ago" type on this thread yet. People who don't have TVs are like vegetarians, they can't wait to tell everyone else about how 'different' they are. :smile:

MarkF

Guru
32" Philips LCD, ample.

Think it cost about £1200 a fair few years ago, I suppose the equivalent today might be £200/300. :sad:

Top Bottom