How many miles have you cycled in the last 12 months?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
4100 commuting miles for me in the past 12 months, no cycling in December, except three days, due to being off work on leave, much more this year since I started taking it a little more seriously.

lozcs

Guru

:biggrin:

Only started mid June - commute 4 miles each way to work unless I'm at another site when I have to drive.

pshore

I got a nice bike last year which has made cycling a real pleasure and the distances go up.

So far this year, 2125 miles, mostly racked up going to work and back (7m each way), but quite often the long way because its my gym. I don't see it as dead time.

I tend to average 3 days commuting on the bike, 2 on the motorcycle and this year I think I will be doing more cycling than motorcycling. We also have a car for family trips but for me they are mostly limited to occasional long distance travel seeing friends, family and holidays.

I don't enjoy travelling in the car now, it feels so cramped and you have to wait in queues !

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Just under 3000 miles here in the last 12 months. I've often wondered how many miles I've ever cycled. Only took up cycling properly in my mid 20's (I'm almost 43 now) so I reckon I'm probably somewhere in the 70-80,000 mile mark now. Clearly a figure a lot of folks on here would clock up in about 3 years!

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
3,300 since the beginning of September 2010. Not as much as many, but I wouldn't have believed it a year ago.

Also £390 saved on fuel and 670kg of CO2 emissions saved!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Just to make some others maybe feel a bit better...

... less than 800, when I set myself a target of 2500. Must get my act together...

:sad: :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
C'mon Spinney.. get yer act together..
thumbsup.png

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
3709 miles which is sufficiently smug enough for me ;-)

OP
OP
JonnyBlade

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
All in all it's an immense amount of miles. Consider for one moment that we were hamsters on a wheel
rolleyes.gif

If you could convert all that effort to electrical energy (hypothetically of course) what could we power or what would you like to see that electricity used for if it was your choice?

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
All in all it's an immense amount of miles. Consider for one moment that we were hamsters on a wheel
rolleyes.gif

If you could convert all that effort to electrical energy (hypothetically of course) what could we power or what would you like to see that electricity used for if it was your choice?

Well I'd have the energy used to a) get me to the places I need to get to and b) get me to the places I want to get to.

Top Bottom