How many of you use cadence for training ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
I was told the other day that high cadence would be good for me as I am a slight chap so couldn't go for power of lower cadence . Someone at my club just grinds at a lower cadence and totally smokes me on any TT . Actually they all smoke me on any TT but that's not the point .
My normal cadence is around 78 I think . That's what I am happy with and I let my legs do my riding . My quads do my riding if I think about it . When they start to hurt I drop a gear and spin faster .

Strictly this is right from an A level physics point of view, one way of increasing the power you produce (rate of doing work) is to increase cadence. Problem is you may not have the fitness / aerobic capacity to do it. :sad:

Shaun

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Strictly this is right from an A level physics point of view, one way of increasing the power you produce (rate of doing work) is to increase cadence. Problem is you may not have the fitness / aerobic capacity to do it. :sad:

Shaun
That rings true as the faster I pedal the more I get out of breath . I did a test about a year ago , spinning faster around Richmond park ( my local loop ) I was farked by the end of the test and did a slower time than normal .

huwsparky

Über Member
You should read it. It could be useful to you... :smile:
I've read the article, I was referring to this thread.

Top Bottom