How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Another day as Billy no mates for me. Went for a bimble. 2 farmers , 1 cyclist, 3 dog walkers but they were all well well away from me.

And of course Mr WD doesn't count. :laugh:.

And not even my mum has phoned me.:eek:

vickster

Legendary Member
Another day as Billy no mates for me. Went for a bimble. 2 farmers , 1 cyclist, 3 dog walkers but they were all well well away from me.

And of course Mr WD doesn't count. :laugh:.

And not even my mum has phoned me.:eek:
Have you phoned her? ;)

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sunday April 5: none
Monday April 6: several....call it five
Tuesday April 7: none

Monday is shopping day. It's become increasingly clear that the supermarket is the nightmare location for catching the virus. I'm gloved up with hand sanitizer available too so I'm doing my best. But people get too close despite the Tesco one way system. Figuring out the order of taking off gloves, unpacking shopping, hand sanitizing, hand washing etc etc is taking some thought too

Running total March 21 to April 7 : nine

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Indian mother and son in some woods I was walking through. They were near a stagnant pond and he was looking for frogs and newts. I explained they would not be found here , then son asked if I'd seen Kingfishers. Explained you needed running water like a river or stream. Suggested where they might go locally, but that foxes might be seen in the woods .

Later on same walk mother and young girl. Young girl has mouth organ and plays a tune when see sees me coming the other way. I pretend to play a tune on an invisible mouth organ. Girl then asks why I don't have a mouth organ. Her mothers laughs and explains not everyone goes walking with a mouth organ.

Both done at about 4 metres distance.

lane

Veteran
Well just got back from a bike ride. Gave everybody as much room as possible but certainly no less than 2m. Waves from a couple of pedestrians in thanks. Then unfortunately had to contend with an absolute idiot of a cyclist passing me far too close on straight, wide road with no traffic whatsoever. Apart from that a cracking short evening ride and zero interactions.

lane

Veteran

Monday is shopping day. It's become increasingly clear that the supermarket is the nightmare location for catching the virus. I'm gloved up with hand sanitizer available too so I'm doing my best. But people get too close despite the Tesco one way system. Figuring out the order of taking off gloves, unpacking shopping, hand sanitizing, hand washing etc etc is taking some thought too

I have managed to avoid shops do far and want to keep it that way. Unpacking deliveries need to be careful though.

potsy

Rambler

The one way system in our local Tesco is way too much for a lot of people to cope with.

The number of times tonight I saw them completely ignoring it was ridiculous!

Really hate shopping at the moment, first time I've been for days.

Other than that just a short walk with the dog earlier, one jogger got way too close as she passed, could almost feel her brush my shoulder :angry:

Oddly the other day a cyclist in the woods. He was smiling at me cutting up some fallen branches. I hid the logs!
Yesterday a lady who I often see on her horse or just walking her dogs but this time cycling with her husband. She was in the aforementioned woods and had insisted her husband had come see the flowers.
I only see him occasionally in a pub in town or when I am scrounging horse muck at there house.
So that's TWO extra people I have met cycling in that wood this month. Getting very busy since lockdown.

Top Bottom