How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I was hoping for rain this weekend, hopefully next weekend, too. In fact what we need now is February's weather in April *

* Without the awful flooding, obviously

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A few social interactions today, largely nods or hello's to other cyclists.
Unfortunately 1 within a metre on dog walk, the end result of our crackpot lurcher and an equally excitable retriever not wanting to return to there respective owners, so I had hold of both whilst other owner clipped lead on his.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Friday 3 April: none
Saturday 4 April : none

Groundhog days. The only excitement was seeing two cyclists together when I went for a ride this am. I shouted at them

March 21 to April 4 running total: four

lane

Veteran
Zero other than family. Went for a bike ride with my son this evening - got back in the dark. 23km and no issues keeping at least 2m from anyone I saw. Avoided a narrow cycle path and stayed on what would normally be a busy road I would want to avoid but now little traffic on the road and it's other people I want to avoid not cars.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I very nearly had one this evening. Riding down a shared path about three metres wide, a family of four walkers approached from the opposite direction. I stopped over to the left and they were about to walk by in single file two metres away on the right when a wheezing jogger shot by in the gap between us. I resisted the temptation to "socially interact" with him because there were children present.

Do they leave their brains behind when they strap their clever running computers to their arms?:banghead:

lane

Veteran
At the moment I am being careful where I cycle and avoiding narrow cycle and shared paths.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Same here we have an excellent set of cycle paths here but I’m trying to mostly use the roads where possible. Normally I’d be on the paths as they are 2m wide but the runners have been winding me up with their must not deviate must not move to the other side , must not break stride, must not stop a moment mentality.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Shouted from distance that a dog walker should stop shouting for their dog to come over , and instead head to the dog and bag up the shoot it was currently having. It was obvious their dog was having a shoot and obvious they didn’t want to bag it up. grrrrrr

lane

Veteran
Went to Asda click and collect. Instructions are stay in the car staff will place items in boot. Part way through there were a lot of clinking bottles we had not ordered. Had filled the boot with someone else's order. Anyway all resolved and think we managed to keep 2m probably. Then a chat with lady next door from a safe distance. Don't really know what to count today as - one at most maybe zero.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
None diddly squat. Apparently Powys has the highest percentage of people observing the lockdown than any where else. 97.1 %.

Of course we don't have many people in the county to start with and we might be a slightly anti social lot as well.

Top Bottom