How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I wasn't closer than three metres to anyone today, but my exercises consisted only of some limited elbow bending.
My apologies to the team, in defence i can only say what a boost to the morale it has been to bend ones elbow in order to absorb the mellow delights of The Glenlivet.

Edit.... last minute edit in order to comply with the thread title and avoid going off topic.

Last edited:
No social contact today. Switched my meds from pharmacy to online for now to prevent a visit to a pharmacy. I’m lucky in that there is off the track paths and roads I can walk down locally with very little human presence on. Managing most days to do a 5k walk and a Joe Wickes or similar workout. Determined to lose the last 10lb and get back to wedding weight (9 years ago) but proving very hard to lose.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've been on zero face time for days but today I had to get some shopping for my mum so I got to see her at about 3 metres distance. Somebody did stray within a couple of feet from me in the supermarket queue but a fairly gentle FFS managed to shoo him away. On the other hand, I get a daily whatsapp video of the grandchildren's antics and those are good for the soul.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Had a try at baking for the first time, a Victoria Sponge. New found respect for all participants in GBBO....not as easy as it looks

Eating cake is far easier & much more rewarding :laugh: No pictures of your effort?
Weekly shopping trip today, so a few interactions, but I did learn today that contactless payment works through a perspex screen :ohmy: Great for supermarket staff dealing with the great unwashed all day :okay:
Out for a ride tomorrow, but living rural, the roads round here are great at the moment, the once light traffic is now almost all gone, can go for miles with no cars at all :thumbsup:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I had to go to the chemist to pick up a prescription today. Woman at the chemist signed the prescription for me, then I paid using contact less. Chemist lady put my tablets on the counter, took big step back, I took step forward to get the tablets and off I went. I did see the ex-BF/bike buddy as he was in the street at the same time I was. He stepped towards me, I stepped back and so on and so forth. I told him to back off after a few steps. We had a short conversation and then I cleared off home again.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I stepped a foot outside our front door with Mrs. and Ms. to clap and bang a saucepan. So did the rest of the street. We waved at strangers. Nothing else out there in real life.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Food shopping turned a zero day into a several day.

I nipped out last night for a pint of milk for my morning cuppa.

The nearest retailer is a filling station with a small Morrisons attached.

That type of shop is worse for social distancing than a supermarket.

Only a handful of people in, but the narrower aisles meant getting too close to more or less every one.

The shelves were well stocked, except milk where all that was left was longlife semi-skimmed.

Not ideal in tea, but better than nowt.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Just one so far, an exceedingly early chat with Mr Kipling, but the day is young.

mQusXsV.jpg

“You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din.” “No, you’re a better man.” "Let's agree to agree."

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Only planning to take Molly for a walk this afternoon, apart from that, staying indoors or in the garden. I am really sorry I didn't take part in applauding the carers last night, they certainly need all the support they can get. They don't get much from this insensitive government.

lane

Veteran
Just had my one interaction of the day as far as I anticipate. Went to the local pub to collect the bread order including scones and buns. As previous week sale takes place in the car park, money in the dish, time slot for each customer so you don't see anyone else other than the lady doing the sale, she keeps well away. Superb support for the local community and these businesses I will be support when this is all over. Although to be fair I did support them with my custom a bit previously - usually after the Tuesday evening ride.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Went into the Co Op this morning. Everyone was being very civilised. Staying the required distance from each other.

Lots of people on bikes as well. More the i have seen in the 20 years plus that I have lived in Wales. Some clearly hadnt been on a bike for a couple of decades judging by the way they were swerving all over the place and going in any direction accept the one they wanted.

mustang1

Guru
Apart from my wife and kids, I went to Asda to buy some loo roll, but they were sold out.

I saw too many young boys in groups. Parents need to keep children indoors, but it is too easy to let them out. We are heading for full lock down.

The youth of 1940 went to war for 5 years.
We need the youth of 2020 to sit on the sofa for 3 months. It’s not that hard.
Free PlayStations for everyone!

Top Bottom