How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
1 today. One of my grandsons had to do some shopping for his dad so asked me if we needed anything. He got me some milk.

He is really bored.

postman

Legendary Member
One the postman knocked twice,strawberry plants.On a more positive vein,i might not have to go shopping.Mrs P thinks more restrictions may come in about shopping,espesh if they all follow Waitrose no couples and no kids at another supermarket.Pity lots of the population are still ignoring advice.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Had to go to the shop today for bread and some other bits after a hard day working from home keeping key workers on the road
As a couple of people have said, if I'm going to catch it will be at the shop.
Went to the co-op rather than the huge Tesco.
A couple of people queuing to get in, so took my place at the back, 2m from the next person. Outside the guidelines were well observed.
Soon inside, but then it's a free for all. Someone was perusing the fruit and veg, so I waited 2m away but the next person in just bundled straight past us both. The aisles are narrow, but that didn't stop a couple of other people getting closer than they should have rather than waiting.
Still I got what I needed and used hand gel once outside.

So i reckon that was 4 people despite my best efforts.

Edit to add that none of the supermarkets around here have any delivery slots or click n collect slots available right through to the end of April which is as far ahead as they're listing.

Last edited:
Yesterday neighbour came round with loads and loads of veg seedlings well developed. A garden centre was giving them away and delivering them for free. Gas bottle delivered for heating greenhouse. £28.50 gave him £30 and told him to keep the change. Bet I'm not the only one!

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Tuesday 30 March : none
Wednesday 1 April : one

Tuesday was at home, just went for a walk. Everyone being very polite coming the other way re 2m distancing
Wednesday was a bike ride but nobody was daft enough to be walking on the Woodhead Pass (usually it's rammed with traffic and way too dangerous to ride so I thought I'd give it a try and it was OK). Went to the Co-Op to buy some self raising flour so I can have a got at baking a Victoria Sponge tomorrow. The friendly lady at the door who was controlling shoppers in/out asked what I needed and she handed it to me when I went in.....much too close and she must come close to loads of customers...gulp.

Running total March 21 - April 1: five

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
An old couple as I was walking Molly. Met them on the way out and again on the way back. Apparently we did the same circuit but in opposite directions.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Finished my 4 day stint at work today & wasn't too bad. a few interactions each day, but work have finally taken big steps to reduce the risk. With the reduced train timetable there are more staff with no work, so now many are being told to stay at home 'on call' :okay: I was due on at 07:14 today, so was up early ready to cycle in at 5am, gave them a call & my first work was 11:21, so was told to be in time for that. Stayed at home till about 9:30, cycled in, quick shower, quick hellos in the mess room & then out to my train, minimal interactions at work, hopefully that continues during this pandemic. Off for 4 days now, need some shopping tomorrow, but apart from that I don't plan on any interactions

lane

Veteran
Zero other than family. Just go back from a bike but think I was 2m away from everyone. Two cyclists passed me one gave me a lot of room the other a bit closer but I don't think any of that counts as an interaction.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm not sure about today. I did 32 miles on the bike, and zero interactions within 2 metres. Lots of hello's and nods from joggers and cyclists, and a thumbs up from the guys running some roadworks as I rode in the opposite gutter to give them 2m+.
Then it's a bit hazy. SWBMO got just about everything we need from ALDI for at least 2 weeks this morning, leaving the Costco shop to do, we also needed dog food. Off to the pet shop and I'll count that as 1 interaction below 2m, in fairness to the chap it was when I was walking out past the counter. Costco were well organised, but whilst you queue up the ramp at 2m spacings, those who have shopped walk down the ramp, about 1m away. So less well there, but the inside of the store was very easy to keep 2m plus away.
Hopefully no more shopping for at least a week, and that will be the local shop for milk. Work tomorrow, will see how that looks.

screenman

Legendary Member
Observation from Tesco yesterday, they wipe your trolley for you after you have already pushed it a couple of hundred yards. I had already done mine.

Top Bottom