How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
None today, until next door came round with a sack of spuds for us (his mate has a chip shop & needs rid of the stock), although he remained in the porch & I was well inside the house.
Anyone round here need any potatoes, because i doubt we'll get through a sack full before they go off :blush:
If you want to load up your panniers and drop a few off, think of it as resistance training ;) , alternatively I'm sure there's a few good recipes for potato vodka out there :smile:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Saturday 28 March: none

Went for a bike ride and stopped to sit on a bench to eat my flapjack. Stared at anyone who was thinking of also sitting on my bench which worked. Son #1 wanted to go for his daily walk that afternoon so I went with him. Felt a tad guilty to have two exercise sessions in one day. Expecting a knock on the door soon.

Running total Saturday 21-Saturday 28 March: two

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My first day out since we have been in self isolation. Needed bread and milk, so off to Tesco, only the local one, not a massive out of town job. Very organised queue outside, pretty good on the inside, they've made a decent effort to keep people apart, though sometimes it's in your own hands.
Lots of interactions, but probably only 1 or 2 within 2 meters.
The ride to and from included joggers and walkers, so lots of time in the middle of the road. Overtaken by a roadie on the way home who gave me 2 metres too, fair play.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Spoke to neighbor over the fence, 20feet away.
Jumped over fence to do bodge repair to broken post.

Other than that nothing

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Here in Newton Ferrers people do actually say ‘hello’.

social distance can be a challenge.....

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I saw bike buddy on the ride today. Went to his street after a text when I was half way around a ride. rode side by side along a drove road, shouting to each other across a 10’ gap as he was over by the right hand verge and I was by the left. No traffic up there at the best of times.

We had a conversation for a couple of miles then. Other than that we were a good 10m in each other’s wake.
Only person I saw all day.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Zeros for me for the past few days.

My next supermarket visit will be a challenge.

I'm prepared to put infarctions from other customers largely down to absent mindedness - I've done that.

But from observations so far, the staff could do better.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sunday 29 March: none. Solo bike ride and then home for roast duck
Monday 30 March: two. Tricky business going to supermarkets, it feels like if I'm gonna catch the virus it will be here. Aldi had us all queuing outside and keeping our distance but inside its very difficult to keep 2m apart when someone pushes their trolley past as I'm perusing the fruit and veg. Dropped some of the shopping off for neighbours who are isolating having developed symptoms. Had a quick chat but more of a shout as I was at least 4m away

Running total March 21 - March 30: four

D

Deleted member 26715

Monday 30 March: two. Tricky business going to supermarkets, it feels like if I'm gonna catch the virus it will be here. Aldi had us all queuing outside and keeping our distance but inside its very difficult to keep 2m apart when someone pushes their trolley past as I'm perusing the fruit and veg. Dropped some of the shopping off for neighbours who are isolating having developed symptoms. Had a quick chat but more of a shout as I was at least 4m away
Yes it is isn't it I went into Tesco in Doncaster, only wanted some fresh bread & some cordial drink, they appear to have been counting people in & people out, but once inside it's almost a bit of a free for all. I was trying my best, looking up the aisle before going up, but on one occasion I was 3/4 up it when somebody started to come the other way, I suppose I could have turned around, but the middle aisle was even worse, I felt like I was in a real life game of Frogger.

Then once I got to the self service checkouts, had to queue 2m back from the next shopper, but the people who were actually using the tills were closer than that. But other than the food I bought I touched nothing in there & used hand sanitiser when I came out. I think you're right though if I'm going to catch it, it's going to be in a supermarket, tried to get a delivery slot, Tesco's have none before 19th April & if you try to get a Click & Collect they appear to only be allowing it at a store 20 miles away, which I know from other source the army are working in.

Edit:- Just tried to get a click & collect slot, nothing available before 19th April, so it looks like I'll be going out shopping again before then

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Holland. there's hand disinfectant at the entrance and elsewhere inside the supermarkets. All trolleys and scanners get disinfected every time they are used. Everyone entering the shop has to have a trolley. Couples together have to have two, etc. The number of trolleys is limited in order to limit the number of people in the shop. Throughout the supermarkets, two metre spaces are taped out and people are respectfully observing them. Shelf stackers are wearing hi-viz vests telling people to keep their distance. All the shelves are fully stocked. Cashiers are protected by plexiglass screens and contact-less payment is preferred. If you have to pay cash there is a protocol for putting your money on a tray.

Top Bottom