How many still here from the old C+ Forum days?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Have you considered you might bring it upon yourself?
When I came back to the forum a couple of months ago. One of my first posts was to you. Do you remember? It was a friendly post in which I said that I recognized you from years ago and were there any others around from that time. You didn't reply.

Bill Gates

Yeah but which self, or is it one of his selves having a go at another one?
Only one on here. And that isn't one that you're likely to forget, as to be honest apart from the usual gang who rush to like posts that are critical of me the rest of you are pretty insignificant and I don't recall anything posted by you.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
When I came back to the forum a couple of months ago. One of my first posts was to you. Do you remember? It was a friendly post in which I said that I recognized you from years ago and were there any others around from that time. You didn't reply.
Apologies, nothing intended, I travel a lot, sometimes I forget or don’t have time to catch-up on stuff. Can’t think of any reason not to have responded positively to you.

stephec

Legendary Member
Only one on here. And that isn't one that you're likely to forget, as to be honest apart from the usual gang who rush to like posts that are critical of me the rest of you are pretty insignificant and I don't recall anything posted by you.

At least that's not true anymore.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Creating multiple identities is sad and poor form, but also technically challenging - depending on the forum software.

CC keeps an eye on internet service providers.

If two accounts post from the same address an alert is sent to the mods.

A virtual private network may defeat that, but I don't know if the forum software would accept a registration from one in the first place.

Many of us will have access to more than one service provider.

I suspect I could create Pale Rider using my Sky broadband, and Pale Rider2 using the wi-fi hotspot of my employer's smartphone.

Once created, the accounts ought to work on either provider, or on a cafe hotspot.

But I still couldn't use both accounts at the same time using the same provider.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Alternative identities are fun (been doing it for ages!), but are only really on if it’s obvious, otherwise it’s just cheating.

Mumsnet is the only place I can think of offhand that makes sockpuppetry easy: you can change your name at the drop of a hat, perhaps start an AIBU with yourself, as long as you keep it friendly, otherwise you’re likely to be busted.

Ian A

Über Member
Just about still here but with a lot more time constraints so not here often or doing as much cycling as I'd like to. I used a different name on the old C+ days and the early days of joining cyclechat (Ghost Donkey).

Alternative identities are fun (been doing it for ages!), but are only really on if it’s obvious, otherwise it’s just cheating.

Mumsnet is the only place I can think of offhand that makes sockpuppetry easy: you can change your name at the drop of a hat, perhaps start an AIBU with yourself, as long as you keep it friendly, otherwise you’re likely to be busted.

That's exactly what I was telling myself the other day.

Kryton521

Über Member
Multiple identities are really hard work. I can't keep track of me most of the time so having "other" me's roaming the internet world would be really confusing. And then what happens if I meet myself coming back?

Top Bottom