How mean is my boss???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Dude, your boss ain't that mean. Here's a conversation I had with mine at the end of last week.

Boss: "Did we pay you yet?" (I am full time employee under contract, payment on 15th of each month)
Me: "I'll check... wait a second." (online banking. clicky. clicky..)
Boss: "If we did, could you return it?"
Me: "Something wrong?" (clicky clicky)
Boss: "Cashflow a bit tight. Need to pay some suppliers. It'd only be for a month."
Me: "How much do we need?" (click)
Boss: x, where x = my monthly salary times 2.
Me: "Er. No. You didn't pay me" (click) "...and you haven't paid my expenses either."
Boss: "Like I said, cashflow is a bit tight."
Me: "..."
Boss: "So. Can I borrow it?"

Hmmm... Ok, so he's not actually mean, per se, but it is a bit cheeky. Especially as its now 15th of the next month, and I have nothing from them for 60 days plus a server sitting on my credit card. I can't help but think somethings gone a bit wrong somewhere. I'd expect apologies, rather than requests for funding.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Dude, your boss ain't that mean. Here's a conversation I had with mine at the end of last week.

Boss: "Did we pay you yet?" (I am full time employee under contract, payment on 15th of each month)
Boss: "Cashflow a bit tight. Need to pay some suppliers. It'd only be for a month."
Me: "Er. No. You didn't pay me" (click) "...and you haven't paid my expenses either."

Hmmm... Ok, so he's not actually mean, per se, but it is a bit cheeky. Especially as its now 15th of the next month, and I have nothing from them for 60 days plus a server sitting on my credit card. I can't help but think somethings gone a bit wrong somewhere. I'd expect apologies, rather than requests for funding.

That should either ring alarm bells or have you seeking a slice of the company, they are asking you to assume an element of risk normally associated with an owner/shareholder. I assume you're charging them interest?

DavieB

MIA

Id be out of there, I coulnt afford to go 60 days without wages, after the first month alarm bells would ring and Id have been out of there with tools or parts to the value of my wages
wink.gif

bauldbairn

That's actually quite worrying arallsopp - how well do you know this guy(your boss) and can you trust him. Cash flow proplems that effect employees usually indicate credit problems for the company too!!!

What security do you have from your boss other than his word?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
That's actually quite worrying arallsopp - how well do you know this guy(your boss) and can you trust him. Cash flow proplems that effect employees usually indicate credit problems for the company too!!!

What security do you have from your boss other than his word?

Lol. "Credit problems for the company". The company has never had credibility. I wouldn't give them... oh sh1t. I have. Damn.
Its not so bad. The boss' word is better than a contract really. Contracts get broken. Word is absolute. At least, I hope that's right....

Got to maintain faith in people, or become a miserable man. Still, can't help but wonder if misery is more appropriate, sometimes.

Anyway. Sorry. Hijack thread. My apologies. A helicopter ride would be nice.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Cyclemagic has its very own helicopter and you are all welcome to use it.

Here's a film of it in action My link

if that was a viable idea, and you fell off it mid flight.... would you not get sliced up ???? :sad:

Lol. "Credit problems for the company". The company has never had credibility. I wouldn't give them... oh sh1t. I have. Damn.
Its not so bad. The boss' word is better than a contract really. Contracts get broken. Word is absolute. At least, I hope that's right....

Got to maintain faith in people, or become a miserable man. Still, can't help but wonder if misery is more appropriate, sometimes.

Anyway. Sorry. Hijack thread. My apologies. A helicopter ride would be nice.
LOL you're boss isn't mean... he's just broke :sad:

but don't worry when i get my helicopter licence i will take you for a ride in my 'copter :biggrin:

Top Bottom