How much alcohol do you drink per week?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
marinyork said:
Anyone here like Mulled Wine? I quite like that for some reason.

For someone who seldom drinks, I can put away gallons of the stuff.

Jane Smart said:
I hate it with a passion :biggrin:

+1 - although anything's possible as a last resort! :ohmy:

I am surprised by this week's offering from 'Iceland'. 3 for £10 'Robert's Rock' - a Western Cape red with a tendency to be imbibed, leaving that aftertaste of wanting to start the next one...get a stash.

I'll drink most things - but only to be polite.:ohmy:

For no particular reason I've not been drinking lately. Until last night.
I went out to see a band. Including the dinner we ate beforehand, my mates and I managed to polish off a bottle of wine each, without even thinking about it! I stood up at the end to leave and had to sit straight back down again...:sad:

zacklaws

Guru
After last Sundays session I think its till the cellar runs dry, otherwise its usually just enough to guarantee there will be some left for the next day

I tend to drink in the evenings, probably 4 nights a week. I'll have either half a bottle of wine in an evening, or two beers, depending what is in, or what mood I am in. If I vary from this, it is usually less rather than more.

Therefore, I probably drink close to the recommended 21 units. If it has been recommended then I have to keep to it...:evil:

(what do you mean it's supposed to be a limit...?)

Some of the answers above reminfd me of a cartoon on our cellar wall. Translated from the French, it reads, "How wine is served".
first frame,A la Bordelais, showing a gathering of good stout Bordeaux people, with the waiter having a good grip on the bottle as he pours.
second,A la Parisien, a group of effeminate looking chaps and coquettish girls, the waiter is flamboyantly pouce en le punt as he pours.
Third A l'anglaise, A rough looking restaurant, table piled high with bottles, the central character is a woman with "British teeth", pie eyed, and her dress off one shoulder, the bottle raised high in her hand as she prepares to finish it off straight from the neck.
Dated 1903. Binge drinking in Britain appears to be nothing new.

I found my drinking disrupts my sleep too much and my health come to that.That's why I have limitations now.Like only basically when I go abroad on holiday.

Top Bottom