How much alcohol do you drink per week?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have a few in the mornings before taking the kids to school. Then I have a few in the afternoon before going to collect the kids from school. Then I have a few in the evenings. It's nice.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
PaulB said:
I have a few in the mornings before taking the kids to school. Then I have a few in the afternoon before going to collect the kids from school. Then I have a few in the evenings. It's nice.

PMSL :biggrin:

I used to drink a lot and was pleasantly surprised to find the pubs open at 6.30 in Smithfield, just around the corner from the office.

Nowadays the hangovers have curtailed the excess and I have about 8 cans of lager a week.

OP
OP
Riverman

Riverman

Guru
I'm not suggesting any of you take cocaine (especially because of the carcinogenic contaminated shoot it's mixed with nowerdays by dealers) but have any of you seen this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Mariani

It's insane. Cocaine is very dangerous especially when combined with alcohol, I'm surprised the pope endorsed it although perhaps drunk it was less potent who knows.
Caught my eye recenltly though.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Riverman said:
I'm not suggesting any of you take cocaine (especially because of the carcinogenic contaminated shoot it's mixed with nowerdays by dealers) but have any of you seen this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Mariani

It's insane. Cocaine is very dangerous especially when combined with alcohol, I'm surprised the pope endorsed it although perhaps drunk it was less potent who knows.
Caught my eye recenltly though.

Yeahbutit'sacethoguhinnitmatedoyouknowwhatImean?

ianrauk said:
None, unless I am at a gig, football or a bike ride.
If none of the above happening then can go weeks without a drink.

I haven't had a drink in England since 11/12/08 and only tend to drink when im on holiday abroad now.Which means during the last month I spent in Thailand I did a bit of drinking.

Im doing it as with my work load I probably don't need alcohol to tire me out and weaken me.

I became quite ill just before 11/12/08 which took me till New Year to get over so I thought i'd stop the drinking on my days off.I was already thinking of doing this as a New Years Resolution.

No drinking since I came back from Thailand on 28/09/09 and no plans to have any either.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Varies. I used to be able to drink a bottle of wine without a hangover, but I can't just at the moment.
Glass of wine more often than not, sometimes 4/5 glasses. Maybe 2 or 3 bottles a week.

TVC

I stick to 21 units per week, right now I'm up to May 2019.;)

Actually, sometimes none, sometimes lots, it depends on whether I'm in training, working away from home, or what my mates are up to.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Riverman said:
marinyork I admire your modicum of decorum. I however cannot stick to that, the taste of good wine is just too great sometimes. I think I occasionally drink for the sake of good wine rather than the effect of alcohol. Does anyone else find this?

I also think personally I grew up too much on alcohol which I think makes it harder to resist as you get older, although in my experience one definitely becomes a much more sensible drinker with age.

Some wines do taste very nice. Wine drinking costs a fair amount of money. I am not known for spending great amounts of money/time on sensual pleasures. Others are very different.

Pottsy

Sadly far more than anyone who's posted so far. It's quite an integral part of the environment I work in and my social activity outside of work - hard to avoid.

Top Bottom