How much do you eat per day?

How many calories do you consume per day, on average?

• Sub 2000kcal - I run on fresh air!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 2001-3000kcal

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 3001-4000kcal

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 4001-5000kcal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5001-6000kcal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6001kcal plus - food intake of a small family

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There should be a poll option for “I haven’t a clue”.,

I’m 176cm, typically 68kg though varies a bit by season. I eat when I feel hungry and stop when I feel full, or am bored with what I’m eating. Calories are not something I consider.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm 173cm, don't really track how much I eat, but running around 15 to 18 miles a week I hover around 75kg.

About 15 years ago I dropped from 80 to 72kg in about 6 months when I started cycling again after a long lay off, working from home I only went into the office once every 3 months or so and the first time I did I got asked if I'd been ill as I looked so different, people didn't believe me when I said, 'don't go to the chippy as much at dinnertime, don't drink as much beer, and ride your bike.' :laugh:

The only time I've tracked my calories is when I tried to put a bit of weight back on as I felt a bit skinny, I went to the gym 3 times a week and followed stronglifts, along with aiming for at least 3000 calories a day, and went up to 82kg.

After I stopped the gym I levelled at 80kg, until 2 years ago when I upped the running by 25% and started walking a dog 15 miles a week, slowly dropping to 75kg without any change in diet, so that's probably my natural weight.

presta

Guru
This is my data from the last 20 years:

1688916291477.png

1688916309022.png

My metabolic rate as a function of exercise hours compared against MR calculated using the ACSM compendium, which overestimates, but not grossly:

1688916754634.png

As others have said, you're a big guy, but if you normalise your data for height and weight I don't think it's particularly exceptional.

Sharky

Guru
Never been a calory counter. I know the difference between being fit and not fit is about a stone. When I stop training, it takes a few months to regulate my intake and then my weight stabilises. When I resume training, it takes a few months x 2 to get my weight down.

Incidently, had a huge ice cream cone with a chocolate flake in it yesterday. Only 99 calories. I think that was what it said on the van side.

Top Bottom