How much do you pay (at hairdresser) for a dry cut ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Our local barber charges £10, £9 for pensioners. Of course when you come to pay you get " £10 please.... Oh, I was forgetting your a pensioner, you don't look it, £9 then"
Post "lockdown 1" I've been giving them £15

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Till lockdown I used a very good Turkish hairdresser - £8. I know of several places in town which are £4-5 for OAPs but the attention to detail at the Turkish barber is worth the extra. I don't have much hair and the cheap places just run the clippers over on No 2 or 3 and it's done in five minutes. The Turkish barber takes 20 minutes to do the same. A proper haircut.

They also do a very good beard trim, ear and nose waxing and a few other bits I've forgotten.

My wife is cutting my hair currently but I look forward to returning to the barber. He's opened a Turkish restaurant over the road from his salon.

my hair is thinning so much the best cut makes all the difference. I found a guy that is very good at what he does so long as we don't talk football. then he stops, starts waving his hands around, looses focus & I leave w/o his best work. it's too bad cuz i love talking to him about most things, including sports. his 35 yr+ family business (founded by his Dad) went belly up due to covid. now he has his own "pod" in a group hair-cutting mall. it's very sci-fi, feels like a space ship. I can't pay him enough & I try to tip generously. he charges $35 incl. a wash, but sometimes I wash at home first so all he has to do is a dry cut, but I pay him the same. my normal tip is $10, but I go higher for birthdays & holidays. for my 1st cut in the new pod, I also brought a bottle of chianti

Glenn

Veteran
Pre lockdown 1, my barber charged £6, he would only use scissors. He used to say a true hairdresser would not use clippers. With the lockdown he has retired.

Top Bottom