How much do you pay (at hairdresser) for a dry cut ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
So none of this "my wife does it/I shave my own" etc.
Reason for asking is........
My hairdresser has an OAP rate of £5.00 and imo does a good job of it.
I have a 'full head' of hair (although MrsD tells me I have a duck pond appearing).
Quite basic ie uses the clippers.
She also does the eyebrows.
Where MrsD goes their price for a gents dry cut is £25.00 :eek:
Not sure what I could get for the extra £20 and at my age I have no desire to find out.
So.....what does your hairdresser charge?
I imagine London prices are considerably higher.

wormo

Guru
Also warrington. £6 for me

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The going rate for a straightforward gents clipper / scissor cut in the south east is roughly 15 pounds in my experience, that's full price i.e not the OAP discount rate . You see more, you see less, but that's a common figure.

pawl

Legendary Member
Mrs P does mine electric trimmer plus magnifying glass to find the hairs.Quick polish with! MrSheen.Job done.:hyper::hyper:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The going rate for a straightforward gents clipper / scissor cut in the south east is roughly 15 pounds in my experience, that's full price i.e not the OAP discount rate . You see more, you see less, but that's a common figure.
My barber was £15, but since the first lockdown, he has put his prices up to £18. The OAP rate is £12.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The going rate here in the SW is £9. I once paid £14 for a short back and sides, and they didn't do anything different or better than the old school barber. There are Turkish style barbers in Plymouth city who do it from £7.50 I think, but they have a huge student trade (or did).

winjim

Smash the cistern
Four Five quid at the cheapo shop, takes about ten minutes. Fifteen quid at the nicer barber who takes his time and does a better job but doesn't half bore on about expensive bikes and sportives and stuff.

Being trapped in a chair for half an hour with someone talking at you about something you have a vague sort of interest in but not really is autistic hell.

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Twelve quid is the base price at my current one, but have been tipping high during the pandemic. There are some asian-owned barbers where I live who advertise £5 haircuts (presume clipper cut)- that's been the case for at least the last 10 years. The barber I used to use in the area would complain frequently about the local expectation for a £5 haircut.

Top Bottom