How much do you pay (at hairdresser) for a dry cut ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
£32 I think for cut and blow dry (which is actually on the low side for a ladies cut)
Indeed, especially daan sarf. MrsD pays more than double that.

snorri

Legendary Member
I was being charged £3 before covid, but tipped a bit as it really seemed extremely inexpensive.
I think the price had gone up a bit the last time I had a cut, and the free newspapers had stopped, probably another covid measure:sad:.

Last edited:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
£7.50 for a dry cut- barber's shop has been 'taken over' by a new person so I'll have to sit in a pink, frilly French boutique salon now... still the same price though! Ladies would have to pay £18 for a similar dry cut which is outrageous, but as with pensions for women at 60 if we all complain then all that will happen is they'll not reduce women's haircut charges but put men's prices up to match!

It's been almost a year since my last proper haircut as I leave it 3 months normally and during lockdown I got a razor comb and have done my own- that's £30 saved!

Johnsco

Old Fettler
Last time I went to the barber's it cost me one and ninepence.
I never went again, as he'd just put it up from one and sixpence.
I've never been to a hairdresser's.
Since that time, various girl-friends / wives have cut it for me.
Sometimes, I've cut it myself.
Since the unhappy demise of the former Mrs J. nearly 5 years ago, I've just let it grow.
It's not yet at risk of catching in the rear wheel !!!
My present partner's quite comfortable with an aging hippy.

Until about 2 years ago I had never visited the same barber more than 3 times on account of getting lousy haircuts, now I have found a consistently good one who charges $23 and I round it up to $30 with tip. Prices range from around $15 to $50 for men here in NYC so $23 is pretty reasonable.
It's a weight off being able to rely on a good cut when you need one, I've had some real horrors

DIY - Shaving cream and a good old fashioned razor. I haven't got much - and what I have is grey - get rid.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My hairdresser for the past 20 years had just retired, so I've gone local. The price has gone up from £7 (she was £5 until last year) to £10.

SWMBO pays about £40-60 for a cut. I've stopped asking, although she does get me to cut her fringe.

Last edited:

straas

Matt
£11 in S Manc.

I do wonder how they can operate a business at £5/cut - they can realistically fit in 3 or 4 cuts an hour, so £20 tops to pay rent, taxes, consumables, heating etc. etc.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
£9, might have been £9.50 last time, I can't really remember, I just give him a tenner and tell him to put the change in the charity box on his counter.

Edit to say this is in Gloucester.

Last edited:
Top Bottom